• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Orslow

whatsthis

Reaction score
I bought a pair of the TBB x Orslow Mill pants and TBB x Orslow climbing pants from their sale. Love the mill pant (gold canvas). Roomy in the top, pretty aggressive taper... Easy to wear casually. The climbing pants are more cropped and honestly feel like they have a bit of a drop crotch which is a little odd to me. Still pretty sweet though. Again, easy to wear casually. Note that the climbing pants have a very short inseam (as climbing pants normally do). If you're taller they might not work well.

armellod.e

Reaction score
This might be helpful in this thread!

So appreciate these try on videos. I guess videos will always be better than photos for getting a sense of fit, but the way 105s/107s look in most retail shots has always seemed off to me. Army trousers look great too. Are the shoes Yuketen?

Peter1

Reaction score
I bought a pair of the TBB x Orslow Mill pants and TBB x Orslow climbing pants from their sale. Love the mill pant (gold canvas). Roomy in the top, pretty aggressive taper... Easy to wear casually. The climbing pants are more cropped and honestly feel like they have a bit of a drop crotch which is a little odd to me. Still pretty sweet though. Again, easy to wear casually. Note that the climbing pants have a very short inseam (as climbing pants normally do). If you're taller they might not work well.
TBB must be kicking themselves for buying so many Orslow casual pants this season. A couple of months ago they put about 15 models on sale...

I thought about the climbing pants before pulling the trigger on the TBB New Yorker/Mill pants, but they reminded me of the Gramiccis I used to wear in the 90s, which were about $50, and I think they've been reissued. Manastash also makes a similar pant at a lower price point. My only quibble with Orslow is that some of the retail prices are rather high for somewhat unremarkable pieces. However, the fabrics and quality are top notch.

I'm circling back to a denim jacket and might hunt around for a used Orslow Type 2, and might also revisit my previous unsatisfying experience with the 107 denim cut (regarding the comment above). I've lost some weight so could probably go down to a size 2 in the denim...my issue was that the fly construction was a bit odd. The flap over the zipper was too narrow and the zipper was kind of...IDK, longish, even for a mid/high rise pant. Basically the top block just didn't sit right on my hips.

shopcanoeclub

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So appreciate these try on videos. I guess videos will always be better than photos for getting a sense of fit, but the way 105s/107s look in most retail shots has always seemed off to me. Army trousers look great too. Are the shoes Yuketen?
Yup!!!

Peter1

Reaction score
Quick and dirty fitpic of the TBB Mill/New Yorker pants. Will have to think a bit about the top block space -- there's a lot of it, but they are insanely comfortable. FYI, these are a size 3, I'm 1.8 m/70 kg. They may test my commitment to a looser fit, as I'm a pretty slim guy but the hip width is noticeable...

Chaconne

Reaction score
Need more shots to see if any issues cause right now they just look awesome.

looseandwavey

Reaction score
Yeah they look perfect sizing wise. Now thinking about gettimg some myself as a 70kg guy with a big old pair of hips

grayfox

Reaction score
Quick and dirty fitpic of the TBB Mill/New Yorker pants. Will have to think a bit about the top block space -- there's a lot of it, but they are insanely comfortable. FYI, these are a size 3, I'm 1.8 m/70 kg. They may test my commitment to a looser fit, as I'm a pretty slim guy but the hip width is noticeable...
View attachment 1244381
These look perfect.... tempting

Peter1

Reaction score
Yeah they look perfect sizing wise. Now thinking about gettimg some myself as a 70kg guy with a big old pair of hips
Hip fit won't be an issue...

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll keep them.

IJReilly

Reaction score
I’m considering getting a pair of 105s. Is it true they stretch a full size over time? I prefer the leg size of the 2, but it is a tad tight in the waist. Also surprised that these are considered size small!

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m considering getting a pair of 105s. Is it true they stretch a full size over time? I prefer the leg size of the 2, but it is a tad tight in the waist. Also surprised that these are considered size small!
That has not been my experience.

gnu

Reaction score
My waist measures around 32-33 depending on the time of year. I had a pair of 105 in size 3 that was too big. I sold them and bought a size 2. I like fit better but they've stretched to now measure around 33.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.