• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Orslow

Racing Green

Reaction score
Family portrait from top left - Slim Fit Fatigues, 107s, Easy Cargos, Rip Stop New Yorkers, Herringbone Twill New Yorkers, Typewriter Climbing Pants.
image_67532289.JPG

Wrenkin

Reaction score
The climbing pants don’t have a fly, there are more panels, they have an integrated belt instead of a drawstring, and I think they have elasticated cuffs. The fit is similar.

blackcheer

Reaction score
Up for sale. Check my [email protected]!led listings or message me for more info. Please and thank you

105, one wash, 3
A71197369AEC4983BA7434E0D97141C0.jpg

105, black, 3
00A97367A3FC48F6A2A9BFF7C375405F.jpg

Regular fit fatigues, black stone, 3
2FA31774B6174F73BEBFE55F2C9BFB4D.jpg

Regular fit fatigues, olive, 3
D742952A72664C1E80F3DBA355FDC0AF.jpg

Work jacket, camel/khaki, 4
EFBF414ECDB84AC0A1EA19053DB507ED.jpg

Vintage fit work shirt, grey, 3
F756981AAAE2499AA87B97410F750E71.jpg

Racing Green

Reaction score
The climbing pants don’t have a fly, there are more panels, they have an integrated belt instead of a drawstring, and I think they have elasticated cuffs. The fit is similar.
Pretty much, no elasticated cuffs on mine, they are not quite as tapered as New Yorkers and slightly more cropped.

Waldo Jeffers

Reaction score
Recently picked up the slim fit army trousers (khaki chinos)

if the sizing is right for you, i would say these are the platonic ideal of casual khaki chinos. They are not actually very slim, but too slim would be weird for this style

absolute perfect shade of mid-dark khaki. Perfect shade for fading over time. Great mid weight 4 season fabric. Texture but not extreme. All of the details are so subtle and so well thought out. Nothing gimmicky.

This is my 2nd orslow purchase after getting 107 jeans earlier this year (which I also think are outstanding assuming the fit works for you)

I’m so impressed with how well they nail the details of these classic pieces

Waldo Jeffers

Reaction score
Any feedback on the loop wheel crewneck sweatshirt?

I’m a 2 in 107s but I think I might need a size 3 in orslow tops. I’m a 40 in jacket size

$250+ seems like a lot for a sweatshirt but I’m so impressed with how orslow nails basics that I’m guessing they probably nailed this too

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
Any feedback on the loop wheel crewneck sweatshirt?

I’m a 2 in 107s but I think I might need a size 3 in orslow tops. I’m a 40 in jacket size

$250+ seems like a lot for a sweatshirt but I’m so impressed with how orslow nails basics that I’m guessing they probably nailed this too
The crewneck fits relaxed (and is meant to fit relaxed) so you could probably do a 2 or 3 depending on your preference. I'm 3/4 in orslow bottoms (I like a looser fit with a belt sometimes) and I have a 2 in the crewneck that fits me great. I'm usually a 3 in orslow tops but I got it secondhand for less than half the retail price so it was easily worth it for me. Great weight, texture/color and fit.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently picked up the slim fit army trousers (khaki chinos)

if the sizing is right for you, i would say these are the platonic ideal of casual khaki chinos. They are not actually very slim, but too slim would be weird for this style

absolute perfect shade of mid-dark khaki. Perfect shade for fading over time. Great mid weight 4 season fabric. Texture but not extreme. All of the details are so subtle and so well thought out. Nothing gimmicky.

This is my 2nd orslow purchase after getting 107 jeans earlier this year (which I also think are outstanding assuming the fit works for you)

I’m so impressed with how well they nail the details of these classic pieces
These are high on my list. I’m patiently waiting for someone (anyone) to restock in my size :)

coooaaat

Reaction score
Want to give a shout-out to Railcar's downsizing service. I'm between sizes in Orslow's 105: I have a size 2 which has the silhouette I wanted, but the waist is big enough that it bunches up when worn with a belt, and the size 1 is too small in the thigh and inseam. I sent my one-wash pair off to Railcar for a waist reduction and they did an incredible job. You would never be able to tell from the stitching or construction that these are altered. There are of course atypical fading patterns where the pockets and belt loops were moved, but they're so minor I suspect they'll blur away as the jeans fade more. They can now be worn comfortably without a belt!

The only other pair of Orslow pants I have are some TBB exclusive New Yorkers from a couple years ago which fit me just fine. Do Orslow's other non-drawstring pants have such a dramatic difference between sizes 1/2?

Salad

Reaction score
I'm looking at some 105's but I think I'm between a 2 and 3. My best fitting high waist denim is about 16.25" buttoned up across the top. I'm thinking 2 will stretch slightly to an ideal fit. My fear is 3 will stretch too much and then I'll get bunching with a belt. Anyone know how much stretch to expect?

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
I'm looking at some 105's but I think I'm between a 2 and 3. My best fitting high waist denim is about 16.25" buttoned up across the top. I'm thinking 2 will stretch slightly to an ideal fit. My fear is 3 will stretch too much and then I'll get bunching with a belt. Anyone know how much stretch to expect?
I'd expect about 1-1.5" of stretch total around the waist. If the thighs, rise, etc. work for you on the 2 you'll probably be good with that. I personally prefer sizing up in the 105s and wearing a belt but I like a straighter/looser cut in the seat and legs.

Salad

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm looking for a straighter/looser cut too so was thinking of 3 but not LVC '37 loose. Or get a 2 in 105 and get something looser separately. All I know is my current denim rise is too low and I want to start over and I'm going to start w/ some 105s.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.