• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Orphaned suit jackets

Ianiceman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They seem to get discussed quite a bit on here but what's the general consensus?
Can they be made to work or is this a next-level no no?

Inspired by some of the looks on WAYWRN I've scored a couple of jackets at great prices on eBay, but as I doubt I'll ever want to go for broadcheck windowpane type SCs I tend to lean towards solids or micro check patterns, which might put me in borderline orphan territory. Immprepared tonchange the buttons to break the look up but just wondered what the SF opinion was. Fire away!

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's against the Rules. I do it all the time.

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it´s another Usa vs. Europe style as I´ve been criticied a lot by never wearing the suit trousers, but on Europe I see it daily. Even the King does.

I ask now only the jacket.

Nice for me as I can find great orphaned deals on ebay.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.