Oris bc3 or Sinn 556 a

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by sjiesber, Dec 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. sjiesber

sjiesber New Member

Gents,

I have the opportunity to buy a new oris bc3 sportsman day date for a rather competitive price. Thing is I have to decide whether I want it or not on short notice. However, I am also in love with Sinn's 556 a (or i). As this is my first 'real' watch I am unsure what to do. What say you?

2. bydandie

bydandie Active Member

Both are independent, with unique styling. IIRC the Sinn's use an elabore grade ETA-2824 automatic movement, whereas the Oris uses a Sellita. Both are pretty much the same VFM proposition, so go with what floats your boat as a watch should make you, and not someone else, smile. Personally, I'd go with the Sinn as I prefer pilot style watches but YMMV.

3. Cant kill da Rooster

Cant kill da Rooster Senior member

If you are only considering the Oris because it's a "good deal" then it's a pretty easy choice. Sinn.

4. sjiesber

sjiesber New Member

Thanks for your input. I like both watches a lot and because they compete on multiple levels the decision is only harder. One big difference though is the Oris is 42mm vs the Sinns 38.5mm. My wrists are quite small. I think I'll first need to try them both on before I can really make up my mind.

5. derekli

derekli Member

I have the Oris BC3 Advanced and it's a great watch. However I will go with the watch that you love, and not the watch with the good deal.

6. PaisleySnail

PaisleySnail Well-Known Member

I've had an Oris BC3 for eight years now and it's still one of my favourite watches even though I've "graduated" to higher end stuff. The build quality is very good but I can't comment on their newer watches. In the end, you'll have to decide for yourself though. Don't buy something you don't like just because it's on sale. Good luck!

7. ant702

ant702 Senior member

If your into the large watch craze that bc3 will fit the bill! I have owned this one in the past, it fits pretty flat on the wrist!