1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Original Penguin's Black Label

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mrchapel, Jul 21, 2006.

1. mrchapel

mrchapel Senior Member

2. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I've found Penguins regular suit jackets/trousers ill-fitting for me. But I havent seen this "black label" yet. At $700 I'm betting it's on par with suits from Ben Sherman, which are worth $200 tops.

*image 6 of 6 isnt bad. I like that window pane brown suit

3. GreyFlannelMan

GreyFlannelMan Senior Member

I haven't seen these yet, but I am a tad leery of companies more known for casual wear trying their hand at dressier stuff.

I love Lacoste polo shirts and even some sweaters, for example, but their attempts to produce nice buttoned shirts have been clumsy, IMO. I would never consider a Lacoste suit.

4. mrchapel

mrchapel Senior Member

I haven't seen these yet, but I am a tad leery of companies more known for casual wear trying their hand at dressier stuff.

I love Lacoste polo shirts and even some sweaters, for example, but their attempts to produce nice buttoned shirts have been clumsy, IMO. I would never consider a Lacoste suit.

This isn't their first time selling suits...they've had a suit collection just about every Fall season I can remember.

5. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Stylish Dinosaur

This isn't their first time selling suits...they've had a suit collection just about every Fall season I can remember.
    You'd think tuxedos, at least.

6. GreyFlannelMan

GreyFlannelMan Senior Member

Since the re-launch in 03?

7. mrchapel

mrchapel Senior Member

Hmmm that would be right; first discovered the brand in 03.

8. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

yep I think they added suits and sport jackets their 2nd year. Last season had quite a few models, none of which looked/felt as good in real life as they might have in photo spreads.

*and they added a premium denim line last year, which didnt appear to go over very well. Maybe they're trying to tap into various premium markets and see what ends up clicking.

9. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Distinguished Member

It just seems like a tried recycling of a old look that is better done by any number of other makers and without the high prices.