1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Organizer or Planner suggestions?

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by brthst, Sep 5, 2016.

1. brthst

brthst Member

Want to find a planner or organizer to track my appointments, one with rings so I can refill for each new year's calendar.

Ideal is to find something of good quality that will last me several years.
    A pre-owned organizer like Smythson's Bond Street collection (http://www.smythson.com/us/dove-grey-grosvenor-bond-street-organiser-1018470.html) or earlier lines are probably outside my budget (approx US$150).

Anyone have suggestions of other good-quality brands that are similar in style (simple, not pretentious) that I may want to search for on eBay etc.?

Thanks for the suggestions. Feel welcome to send a PM.

2. Astaroth

Astaroth Senior member

Cant help you on any brands for a new Filofax but was curious as to why you want to use a paper solution -v- a digital solution like an iPhone/ Blackberry etc?

Being of an age of having to use both digital wins hands down on every level and the first time you lose a paper based file, or even just leave it at home/hotel room by mistake, you will quickly learn the same. With a digital solution you can use any computer in the world to log in and see your schedule/contacts etc even if you've forgotten/lost your device.

I do like writing things and so buck the trend a little in that I use a notepad and decent (fountain) pen for taking notes rather than a tablet or laptop but even then if there's anything important I jot down out of a meeting I will either transcribe it to my tablet or photograph the page to avoid issues.

3. brthst

brthst Member

I do use my iPhone and its apps and web-based stuff, and I have no plans to abandon them.
    And I know what you mean about losing something that isn't saved in a cloud.
    My plan isn't about replacing one solution with another.
    Like you I also always have a notebook.
    I'm thinking of a planner/organizer as more of an adjunct to what I already rely on.
    It won't be all encompassing -- I'm hoping to use it to keep me alert only to the most pressing stuff.
    Maybe the solution I need can be found in digital--and I appreciate your feedback in helping me come to consider that possibility.
    It's just that as I've experienced it (maybe this is a neural thing), my mind doesn't experience/record (e.g.) my typing a bold underlined all-caps text into an iPhone note in the same way as when I write that all out by hand.