• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Organic/Natural (paraben-free) Men's Care Products

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nosu3
Does anyone look for paraben-free men's products?

Seems somewhat difficult, especially for face moisturizers.
Nearly all of Kiehl's products contain them, any suggestions for
ones that don't?

I think the shaving creams I use have like four different parabens, and I've not yet grown a third eye as a result, so the threat of parabens has moved down my list of worries, just under being hit by an asteroid.

Kei-bon

Reaction score
i try to avoid it in stuff that i leave on my skin all day. is there a Whole Foods near you? they stock several brands that avoid parabens in at least some of their products. i've used products by Avalon, Alba, and Dr. Hauscha.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
I think the shaving creams I use have like four different parabens, and I've not yet grown a third eye as a result, so the threat of parabens has moved down my list of worries, just under being hit by an asteroid.

There are a few reasons, not just the controversies of health risk/cancer link... More natural moisturizers can be more effective without the cheaper alternative chemicals (parabens). Some might even use keratin or other natural ingredients as preservatives.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nosu3
Is anyone familiar with using Burt's Bees?
How are the exfoliating, moisturizing, toning products?

they sting terribly.

A-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! OMG i KILL MYSELF I SO FUNNY.

okay. The lip balm is great, the beeswax hand cream is very heavy but does the trick. If they put the same thought and quality into the rest of the line, it's probably a steal at their price.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have used the lip balm, considering the face products. Seems like they might be too oily though.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seek out a natural/organic grocery store like Whole Foods. They should have a large assortment of natural moisturizing and cleansing products. The stores in my area also have bulk sections with these, so you can bring your own bottles and fill 'em up.

Let me also put in a plug for almond oil as a moisturizer. It might be a bit oily for the face, but for limbs and body, I can't think of a better option. It completely cured my son's eczema after just a few applications.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads