• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ordering wine in a bar/club

trewsx7

Reaction score
Do you think it's strange to order wine at a bar/club (mainly, a generic, cheap red wine), and asking for it in a standard glass (like in a rocks glass)?

Am I the only one who likes wine, but hates those wine glasses?

changy

Reaction score
That's like going out with an ugly woman who wears a clown suit.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
What's really strange is a guy that joins the board in 08, says nothing for three years, then starts two odd drinking threads in a week.

trewsx7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
What's really strange is a guy that joins the board in 08, says nothing for three years, then starts two odd drinking threads in a week.
Lots of stuff has happened in my life. Graduated college, got a good career, relocated overseas. Yeah, i don't post here often at all. I post here mainly to ask highly obscure questions (mainly to do with dining and drink) that I would not ask a bartender in real life. The beauty of anonymous internets.

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very strange. Thats like drinking beer out of a tea cup.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i couldnt imagine grinding up on a ***** while sipping wine. it would be un bro like. bro.

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
i couldnt imagine grinding up on a ***** while sipping wine. it would be un bro like. bro.

The "bro's" I have witnessed drinking wine consisted of a box of franzia and a red cup....then again it is UNC where there is no class.

Kyoung05

Reaction score
First you ask about ordering amaretto on the rocks and now wine in an old-fashioned glass? Do you actually like drinking or are you looking to just looking to fit in? Learn to like beer and whiskey, neat (rocks if you must), and you won't have to keep asking us questions regarding whether your choice of drink is strange/ridiculous/etc.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by changy
That's like going out with an ugly woman who wears a clown suit.

I mean, hypothetically speaking if one were to go out with an ugly chick I would think a clown suit would add a little something to the experience.

changy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
only bros dance with drinks in their hand, bro

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
I mean, hypothetically speaking if one were to go out with an ugly chick I would think a clown suit would add a little something to the experience.

Harvey comes out with another winner and brings the lulz.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
only bros dance with drinks in their hand, bro

yo bro, im no bro and i always be dancing with drinks in my hand. got my drink and my two step, drink and my two step.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads