• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ordering Spectators, Opinions?

ragdoll

Reaction score
I wanted to hear opinions from the forum before ordering a pair of spectators. I was considering doing a pair in dark brown suede and calf so that the primary difference would be the texture rather than color.

Any thoughts? Perhaps they would get more wear? Not bold enough?

Thanks.

designprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the extending the spectator into the cooler months. Several on SF have some Barker Blacks which are quite nice. I'm looking to get a pair made also, in close contrasing color, suede / calf.

Somebody owns these gorgeous examples!
inlove.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
posted my spectators here a few months ago. thiese were also my first pair of spectators, and i really love wearing them even with denim pants. i say go for it!
smile.gif
shoes002ih6.jpg

ragdoll

Reaction score
The EG's shown above were similar to what I had in mind. I was considering a pair either by EG or Vass. Not sure if to do it exactly like those or the 'reverse'.
I am even more convinced this is the way to go now that I've actually seen a picture!

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i plan to get a couple of pairs i was gonna get some jil sander ones after see what acidicbof posted his but they had sold out of my size so i am thinking to get some gucci mto - so if i am you get some and wear with pride!!!
tongue.gif

16520Man

Reaction score
BBSpectators07.jpg

BBSpectators08.jpg

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ragdoll

Reaction score
Interesting that this old post of mine has been resurrected. I finally did receive the spectators last week. Vass U last dark brown suede with brown boxcalf toe and heel. Very similar to the EG's posted earlier.

I love the U last from Vass. It seems to fit me quite well.

pkincy

Reaction score
I love the high vamp and low toe box of the Ugolini last.

Perry

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I'm getting a spectator I'd go all out with it black/brown white/cream

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C&J from BenSilver.com: with a cream linen suit and Count Basie circa the 1930s on the radio... -Jeff

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
posted my spectators here a few months ago. thiese were also my first pair of spectators, and i really love wearing them even with denim pants. i say go for it!
smile.gif

shoes002ih6.jpg

Very nice! Who made them?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads