• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ordering from Jantzen

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I know it's rehashing an oft-discussed subject but I don't think a thread has been started after the end of the May 24 moratorium.

I placed an order for one shirt over 2 weeks ago. The Jantzen site states that they will send an email confirmation upon receipt of the order. I have yet to receive this confirmation and my credit card has not been charged. I emailed them last Thursday but have so far gotten no response.

How shall I proceed? Phone call? Wait? Is it typical to not receive an email confirmation?

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The receipt of an e-mail confirmation has never been part of my ordering experience. On all occasions, I would get an e-mail just before shipping advising me they are on their way.

If you are concerned, I would recommend calling over e-mailing. Ricky is way over-extended and does not often respond timely to e-mail.

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would wait. I have never received an email confirmation from Ricky. Recently, it took him a month to respond to one of my emails. Also, a friend of mine placed an order in Feb/March. He sent several emails that went unanswered and his shirts showed up in the mail last week.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd wait. I ordered two weeks ago as well, and won't send a chaser e-mail for two or three more weeks. He is very busy and puts a low priority on international orders.

But I do believe the wait times are shorter than they have been in the past, thanks to the order moratoriums. Your card will not be charged until he ships the shirts, or sometime after that.

montmorency

Reaction score
Yesterday I received the shirts I ordered in late April, so it took a little over 2 months. Last time it took about two & a half months. I called Ricky a couple of times and got him right away. I'm not sure it was necessary to call him but it was reassuring. Anyway, it is well worth the wait. The shirts fit terrifically and are very well made and the fabrics are real nice. I have tried several shirtmakers and Jantzen is my favorite. The price makes it all the better.

Bic Pentameter

Reaction score
Another vote for "wait." JT has never let me down regarding an order, but on numerous occassions I have gone 6 - 9 months without receiving acknowledgement that my order was recieved. Then I got a quick message, and the shirts arrived 10 days later.

I'd rather have them making the shirts in front of my order in the queue than bothering to draft a message to me telling me my order is in the queue.

Bic

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Only a few hours after posting this thread, I received an email from Ricky asking me to double-check some measurements. Maybe he's lurking on SF?

fkl118

Reaction score
A little off-topic but it examplifies the ordering problems:
Some relatives of mine were visiting HK so I asked them to place an order with Jantzen and pick it up. Ordering was no problem and the shirts were ready within a week. When they went to pick them up they were handed over in a bag and paid for.
Fortunately my relatives actually looked at the shirts and noted that the monograms were wrong, and the shirts were actually someone else's.
It wasn't Ricky who was there (some other guy), but I would have been really ticked off if I paid for someone else's shirts.

fkl118

Reaction score
Was it a case of the guy at the counter simply giving them the wrong bag? How did the process go otherwise?
Yes, I think so. It's probably because the place is full of shirts all over the place that it's hard to keep track of. Otherwise I think all was well.

BjornH

Reaction score
Only a few hours after posting this thread, I received an email from Ricky asking me to double-check some measurements. Maybe he's lurking on SF?
Ricky has been know to lurk here. I had the same experience one-two years ago.

Bjorn

water

Reaction score
I sent five shirts, at the end of April, back to Ricky to fix. I have not heard a word from him since. I appreciate he is very busy, but really wish he would acknowledge receiving them.

Calling is a pain for me as my time zone is nearly 12 hours opposite of Hong Kong's.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Miracle of miracles, I just emailed Ricky and heard back in a day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads