• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ordering first MTM shirt, a little help needed...

roro0210

Reaction score
Hey guys bear with me, this is my first time ordering a shirt. I started working out about 6 months ago and now none of my Express 1mx shirts fit anymore (I know they blow), the shoulders are tiny and the waist is perfect. I head to some department stores to try and find a proper fitting shirt with no luck, if the shoulders fit the area around my waist is massive and it looks like I have a pouch in the small of my back.
Anyways, my question is when ordering a shirt from moderntailor can I use measurements from a shirt that fits my waist perfectly and measurements from another shirt that fits my chest and shoulders? will this throw the shirt off?

viator

Reaction score
That should be fine, but pick a cheap fabric for your guinea pig shirt.

roro0210

Reaction score
Ok thanks, I'm going to try one of their $20 first time customer deals.

viator

Reaction score
Another option is to put on the shirt that fits in the shoulders, then pin it in the waist as you like it, and then take measurements from the pinned shirt.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.