• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ordering a second pair of trousers for an older suit

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm not sure this is even possible given the differences in fabric lots, but I'm interested in ordering a second pair of trousers for a suit I had made about 3 years ago. Unfortunately, my local tailor kind of botched the original pair. Still wearable but, something is off, plus not enough fabric for cuffs (boo). It's a solid charcoal worsted flannel, I think. Any advice? I was going to email Chan to see what they thought, too.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Call your tailor and tell him you want to secure the cloth for a second trouser because they are getting shiny and ask if the cloth is available and the maker/brand of the cloth. If you do not want to work with him you can decide to pursue getting the cloth on your own or offer to buy it from him.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks Despos. My tailor said the original fabric was discontinued in the same weight, but available in a slightly heavier version.

Would there be a risk that the color of the newer fabric would be off? How close are dye lots from year to year? It's not a special fabric at all: Charles Clayton super 150s worsted charcoal.

I'm tempted to order the second pair. If it's not a spot on match I suppose I could wear them as odd trousers.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 131 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 245 32.4%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 119 15.7%
  • 31 - 40