1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ordered some new shoes today

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by globetrotter, Apr 1, 2005.

1. globetrotter

globetrotter Stylish Dinosaur

I was at the Vass store today and ordered 2 pair of bespoke ankle boots. pictures to follow in 5-8 weeks.

2. kabert

kabert Distinguished Member

Details, details. What leather, last, sole, welt, etc. did you go with? How much cheaper is buying them in Budapest than in the US?

3. globetrotter

thank you for asking - both black cordovan, one pair with medalian toe, one in budapest style, peter last, double sole, Euro 1000 for the 2 pair.

one interesting thing, they have a new last (Erica told me it was new), called "japanese" that is very very long and pointed. they really tried to get me to take it, saying it would make my feet look very elegant, but I really didn't think it was for me.

4. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Distinguished Member

That's a very good price. Does the price include VAT? If yes, how much without VAT? Do you know how much for the U last? How does the "Japanese" last compare with the U last?

5. globetrotter

I probraby shouldn't have posted about the price - that was for a cash discount.

all the lasts, and all the styles were the same price, the boot was more expensive than the shoe, cordovan more expensive than calf.

6. johnapril

johnapril Distinguished Member

Does Vass have a shop in Paris?

7. zjpj83

zjpj83 Distinguished Member

yeah, that price seems ridiculously low for cordovan boots
    nice

8. dah328

dah328 Distinguished Member

Your posting of price info is certainly useful for me in that I know that Vass shoes can be had for significantly less from the right source.  They're still out of my price range, but perhaps one of these days...

dan

9. globetrotter

visa decided to call my home and check on my strange purchasing habbits - I have been in 5 countries in the past 5 days - and my wife gave me a call to inquire if I had spent almost $1500 on a pair of shoes. even though I explained that it was two pair, I don't think that it made her very happy. more to the point, it is going to be difficult to keep her from going out and spending the rest of my 2004 bonus. [​IMG] on another interesting note - I am sitting in an outdoor cafe in Budapest, smoking a monticristo no 2 torpedo (and not from the dominican republic), and listining to a nice street treo playing chamber music, while surfing on my treo. life is pretty good.

10. A Harris

A Harris Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Sounds like this could ne the new last I just heard about, they say it is long and slim like the U, except with a round toe.