• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ordered a Samuelsohn from The Hound Today

Lowndes

Reaction score
So I finally pulled the trigger on the navy blue suit that I have been after. Went into The Hound in San Francisco and got a MTO Samuelsohn. It turned out to to be a lot of fun. Everybody in the store was extremely helpful and Walt, who I mainly worked with, was great. He answered all of my (probably dumb) questions and explained everything quite clearly. He also let me know when something I was describing wasn't going to look very good but definitely tried to help me figure out exactly what I wanted and made it happen. It was really a great experience.

Looking forward to seeing how the suit turns out in several weeks and plan to post pictures when I get it back. However, based on my first impressions I hope to purchase a lot of suits from The Hound in the future. It's always fun to deal with the owners of a small shop rather than a large store like NM or BB. They seem a little more invested in how the suit comes out.

Oh and I picked up some Bills Khackis while I was there. Great looking pants also.

Anyways, thanks for all the help leading up to my purchase. And if anybody out there is in need of a suit in the Bay Area I highly recommend that they check out The Hound.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What model Samuelsohn did you get?

Lowndes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by comrade
What model Samuelsohn did you get?

Actually, I forgot. Didn't pay much attention to the names. Took the shoulders and top half of one model and combined it with the bottom half of another model. I honestly have no idea which models though. I'll find out when I pick it up though.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much was the suit? Did they have a large selction of fabrics to select from?

Lowndes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dragon8
How much was the suit? Did they have a large selction of fabrics to select from?

Well, I believe the actual suit was $1170 and then I ordered an extra pair of trousers to bring it up to around $1500. Feel like I got a great deal. They definitely appeared to have an enormous selection of fabrics, however, I didn't look at that many. Walt pulled out some Navy Blues that he thought were most appropriate for what I was after and we went from there. Pretty sure that they had a large selection to get you pretty much whatever you wanted.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads