Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7.

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by LA Guy, Feb 6, 2015.

1. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Yea, the mini-ripple is a big selling point for me and was Fok's vision well - I was a doubting Thomas on the first run, so want to make sure I get on it this time.

2. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Echo... Echo... Echo...

It's so peaceful out here.

3. mb123

mb123 Senior member

I think more eyelets makes it look more dressier. But it's only a couple of eyelets in this case. Not a huge difference. 9 - 10 eyelets are usually used on the finer leathers like calf and shells with dressy laces. It's a good look. Both work with our style of boot. I think majority opted for 7 so we'll keep it at 7.

4. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

My ears just perked up!

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

In the first run, we did both the white mini-ripple and the full sand ripple.

I got both, and both should be here sometime Monday. We will take pictures of both, and you guys will have to decide on just one. We are not going to do both this time around. A non wedge, non-ripple sole would not be the same boot, so we aren't going to entertain those possibilities.

Essentially, with the HOF bison boot and boots like the Echo, we are attempting to introduce some more fashion forward styles in addition to more traditional styles - to show everyone the range of Viberg, which is based on workboots, but can go far beyond. The Echo is a "sneakerboot", and the bison boot I designed with the specific intent of it looking something a mythic hunter in the forests of Eastern Ontario (where I come from) might wear. The way that I would style them is with heavy denim, a little slouchy, and a leather Type III jacket, or in the dead of winter, layers of leather and wool (I often wear a leather jacket under a wool coat in the winter.)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I actually really love the half Japanese, even though it's not actually my personal style. It could be worn "old America" style, or the Japanese Otaku version of the same. Or it could be worn more straight up as an awesome version of a "dress" shoe that you see old timbermen around here wearing.

7. meso

meso Senior member

The half-japanese =

[​IMG]

8. mb123

mb123 Senior member

9. pema

pema Well-Known Member

Strange. I have been gone for a few days and two people suggest #6 might not make it. I see no basis for this. #6 seems to have lots of support. I am in. I would love to see the rivets added. Not a deal breaker though. Any word on rivets, Fok? Hard to tell whether #11 or #13 is winning. Again, I'm in for #6, #5 and possibly #13 (rivets?). Very much doubt I can manage all three. Just happened to meet a friend who was wearing brown boots with rivets. Looked awesome.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015

10. pema

pema Well-Known Member

Looking back through photos, I'm not opposed to cap toes on #6. Whatever garners more support. Let's get these made.

11. Raneleigh

Raneleigh Senior member

#6 is very much alive and well, have tallied up the interest and there are a lot of firm commits! Glad to have you on board too!! Still awaiting word on rivets, but the consensus seems to be either way is great!

12. Raneleigh

Raneleigh Senior member

Cap toe was decided against, but yes...let's get these babies made!!!

13. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

14. TheOC

TheOC Member

I also like #11 and #13. Just not sure what size I should pick? I wear both red wing (9011) and wolverine 1k 7.5D. Any suggestions? Thanks!

15. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Sizing is tricky, as you've probably gathered, but most people seem to find it best to go down either .5 or 1 size from RW, Wolverine, etc. For the 2030 last, .5 size down might work for you; for the wider 110, maybe a whole size..