ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7.

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by LA Guy, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Jalt

Jalt Member

Don't make me question myself. I can't handle this pressure. I am gonna drunk purchase all of them one night if you guys keep this up.

I originally thought that about Bison boot. But then I realized I have a tan shoe with white sole, a tan chukka with white sole, so I could easily envision wearing the Bison. The old-style work Oxford is a beauty and should get made. But I'm not even sure what old-style work Oxford means? Did IT managers in early 90's wear these? If so maybe I reconsider, else I'm not sure that matters to me. I am sure I will live to regret passing when they come in (as some have said about the Bison) but still can't picture wearing them without thinking to myself "dude this is not you".

The fact I just referred to myself as dude is another clear indication I would embarrass this beautiful shoe by having it be seen with me.

2. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

my bad, mixed up with the natural cxl below it

3. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

We definitely need to use up the rest of the Bison before it permanently disappears.

Fok, do you know how many boots-worth is left so we can get them committed? If it's less than 10, then we can probably get firm commits and get it done. I don't want to circumvent the process at all, but if there isn't much left, I don't want to prevent another great boot also getting made if it's super limited.

4. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

just not down with oil matte brown for #6.

5. thisthingz

thisthingz Member

Speaking of- I always assumed the eyelets would be regular brass (not antiqued). Is this correct?

6. mb123

mb123 Senior member

#23 calls dibs on the navy latigo

7. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Can we do a different sole for the bison? Or has to be mini ripple?

8. member2000r

member2000r Senior member

Well, definitely need to order a 2030 in size 9.5 to see if it fits or not before heading to this GMTO pre-order[​IMG]

9. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

It's the sort of shoe worn by my grandfather when he was drinking Old Style Beer.

10. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

i had this same thought, but i think everyone was on the ripple

11. Raneleigh

Raneleigh Senior member

The idea is to keep it as understated and workbootlike as possible. We hadn't actually discussed the eyelets, but it seems like antiqued might be more in keeping with the theme. Regular brass is pretty bright and more noticeable against the darker brown. So my thinking is we stay with understated.

12. thisthingz

thisthingz Member

Works for me! I figured the regular brass would eventually tarnish, might as well give it a head start.

13. Raneleigh

Raneleigh Senior member

Actually, the regular brass has a coating on it, so it doesn't tarnish, it's stays quite bright and shiny, as I learned the hard way. Thus we go with antiqued.

14. stickydonk

stickydonk Senior member

I'm cool with that

15. westie187

westie187 Senior member

"I'm still in on #23. Eyelets don't really care. Is this just cosmetic or is there some function I don't understand?"

It is purely an aesthetic thing for me. I personally think that Viberg boots look better with more eyelets... 7 eyelet boots have a tendency to "bunch up" around the eyelets when I wear them... YMMV.