• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Orange Trousers: Part Deux

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you and do you fire this look up:
*Keep in mind you can pair this with a simply navy polo etc. Don't vote strictly on just the sportcoat combo.
Navy and dark orange I think are great!

3zuvuap.jpg

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Nope. Looks pretty good on him (although he needs to keep his phone somewhere other than his front pants pocket), but it neither fits my personal style nor is appropriate for my professional environment.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was just up to Austin, Tx. earlier this week.

The look would work there with the love of UT orange.

Out of Austin, or for those of us above 30 years old, I don't like the look!

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of moleskin trousers in that shade of orange arriving shortly so, needless to say, I like it. Great alternative to gray flannels for wear with a navy blue blazer outside the office. Also goes great with all shades of brown.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Nope. Looks pretty good on him (although he needs to keep his phone somewhere other than his front pants pocket), but it neither fits my personal style nor is appropriate for my professional environment.

We'd better hope that's his phone, or we're all in trouble! Could this be Ed's famous 'package-pants' style taking off?
laugh.gif

Seriously - good combo. I wear both blue & green jackets w/ my orange cords

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
We'd better hope that's his phone, or we're all in trouble! Could this be Ed's famous 'package-pants' style taking off?
laugh.gif

Seriously - good combo. I wear both blue & green jackets w/ my orange cords

Funny, I was going to say that the only difference between him and me is, if that were me in the pic, that wouldn't be my phone
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I used to have an almost skin tight pair of orange cords. I wore them a ton and eventually wore them out. I don't know that I will ever buy another pair, but I did like the look.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's an interesting look, and the dark orange and navy look great together. But orange pants? That's something even Get Smart might be hesitant to rock...

I don't think it looks that great on me, but I've been paying a lot more attention to orange the past two years or so. Just bought a dark orange fitted t-shirt today for $5 from BR.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
NotLawyermom and I spent part of our honeymoon in Paris. That season (Spring 1996) orange was apparently the color of the moment. Every damn shop or boutique was swimming with orange clothes. (At least that's how we remember it is in admittedly fuzzy memories. We drank a lot of wine on that trip.) We still refer to that as our "Orange Period". There was such a surfeit of orange that I think we both feel like we're done with that color for life.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
...or for those of us above 30 years old, I don't like the look!

+1. I would have never worn them in my 20s (or earlier) in my old mindset but if I thought then like I do now I'd hit it like they were Kate Beckinsale.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think orange is a very versatle color for trousers, especially if it`s not so bright.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Orange pants were all over Barneys this past season. Personally, I think they look preposterous. And this is coming from someone who wears Scarlet Red Borrelli denim
laugh.gif

The color was in fact orange orange. Not rust or any shades thereof.
Much the same way I don't get those Light Purple and Emerald Green Domenico Vacca velvet trousers. Wait, did I just say " velvet "
devil.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads