• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Orange Trousers: Part Deux

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Love the orange trousers, I'm just not so sure it goes well with the navy blazer. Perhaps a more casual sportscoat would be a better match.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A medium to light blue shirt, under a navy jacket, works really well with orange pants. I remembered seeing this combo on a Domenico Vacca salesguy and seeing how it could work. He was wearing a very faded denim shirt, but I've also done it with medium blue shirt with some sheen on it. White might be a bit severe in contrast. Shoe color is important, too. I like the lighter shades of brown.

--Andre

alchimiste

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
I think the jacket in the picture is too dressy.
I agree. This is a suit with odd pants.

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
Love the orange trousers, I'm just not so sure it goes well with the navy blazer. Perhaps a more casual sportscoat would be a better match.

1+

I think the dark colours on top and the bright orange trousers really clash.

The trousers are fine but I think the best coloured coat to match with it would be brown/burnt orange for a casual look.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Don't forget to pair it with the matching top!

orangegarb.jpg

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I was around 13, my father bought me some orange cord trousers (with straight legs). I had to wear them to school. That was back in the 70s, when EVERYBODY was wearing (actually, HAD to wear) the same kind of blue jeans (the "bell-shaped" leg ones). I ended up having quite a rough time at school. I actually ended up hating those orange cord trousers.
However, I also learnt, although the hard way, that you do not have to dress like everybody else. I guess that was a good thing to learn. Maybe that was the point my father wanted to make. Sometimes I think that those orange cord trousers marked my life.
Maybe one of these days I'll get myself a pair of orange cord trousers again. However, unfortunately, it seems like I've already blown my clothing budget for the first half of 2007.

nioh

Reaction score
It's all about skin tone imo.You can get away with alot as long as the color fits you good. Navy/orange is a really good match too, however as posted earlier a blazer might be too formal for this outfit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics