Orange sunglasses?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by TimelesStyle, Aug 10, 2011.

Tags:
  1. TimelesStyle

TimelesStyle Senior member

All of my sunglasses are either black or silver and have dark grey or dark green lenses. I'd like something with a little more color, but is orange too much color?

While I know the reviews here have been mixed over the years, I'm a big fan of Mikli's Starck line and have one pair which are my favorites by far. I was looking at these in orange:

http://coolframes.com/?fid=35060

This pair, in orange or brown, are also on the table:

http://coolframes.com/?fid=35059

I am just not sure if I like how short the lenses are top to bottom with the second pair, or if I really want to go rimless. My other thought is to buy both and, since the hardware looks the same on each, have an optician put the orange pieces on the brown lenses and vice versa, so that neither is too bright nor too mundane. I'd love to use the red hardware with dark lenses, but I just wouldn't have any use for the red lenses, since I think those are a bit feminine (or require one to use significantly larger amounts of ecstasy than I'd ever be comfortable ingesting).

2. stinsonbass

stinsonbass Senior member

The first thing which pops in my head is something similar (and as dreadful) to the picture below. I think that it is awful BUT it also depends on who's wearing them. :slayer:

[​IMG]

The only cool picture/person with red lens sunglasses:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011

3. TimelesStyle

Right, hence why I'm not actually considering the red, only the brown or orange.

4. stinsonbass

stinsonbass Senior member

If I were you (meaning 100% sure that I want to buy those shades) then I would buy the brown ones.

5. Wraitii

Wraitii Active Member

May Bono advise you against orange, teal, brown, pink and red?

6. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

Your screen name is "TimelessStyle" - unless you are being ironic there is no reason for you to wear orange sunglasses.

7. TimelesStyle

I've seen some great sunglasses with light orange lenses, just not light orange lenses and orange frames/ear pieces, so not sure why it's such an out-there question.

8. rickyforever

rickyforever Member

although it depends on who's wearing them but you can believe yourself is the perfect guy.. LOL