1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Orange Juice may be good, but it will destroy your social life!

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by imageWIS, Jun 5, 2006.

1. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

orange juice like coke , in its carbohydrate content is just as bad as coke.

drinking oj in place of coke (if you were jugging a liter a day suppose) is still the not good thing to do and will make you prone to diabetes as well.

in terms of acid and caffeine and such , of course oj is better for you, and has the vitamins and minerals coke doesnt.

i am speaking only in terms of caloric /carb content. it should not be drunk like water.

2. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I rather like my slightly pudgy belly.

3. kai-wun

kai-wun Active Member

OJ isn't unhealthy per-se (far better than coke) but it is VERY sugary.

Treat fruits like "snacks". They're healthy, but too much isn't too good. I drink only water these days...

4. Lel

Lel Senior member

Start drinking water, lots.

Carry one or three around with you.

Put some in the freezer the night before and let it melt during the day (ice water is incredibly during summer).

I used to be a pop addict but now I can't stand the stuff and average anywhere between 5-8 water bottles a day.

5. Eason

Eason Senior member

Don't drink any juices. They usually have more calories than soda.

If you want to drink something, drink seltzer water with a wedge of lime.

6. Viktri

Viktri Senior member

What's the lime for?
    I've heard that the lime & dirt diet is very effect, but I never understood the purpose of the lime

7. Eason

Eason Senior member

it adds flavor

8. ken

ken Senior member

If you want to lose the fat around your belly, eat more fat and lay off the carbs. Body fat and carbs get along really well, but when dietary fat comes along, body fat gets all jealous and splits.

9. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

Yeah, I love OJ to death, but I only drink it immediately before or after workouts (when your body can actually put the carbs to good, immediate use), and not at any other times. In general, I try to avoid any sugars except right around workouts. Milk is my only exception.

10. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

If orange juice is causing stomach distress, the fructose might be to blame.