• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OPINIONS: The best Leather and/or Suede Jackets?

RicoItaliano

Reaction score
This is sortof a poll, can anyone reply with brands, designs possibly with pictures of leather and/or suede jackets?

Whats the best or worse.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Zilli is so classy:
alligator.jpg
I want to pair the jacket with my classy loafers by ultra-exclusive Artioli, and wear my gold Carrera sunglasses.
artioli1.jpg

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Although on a serious note, Zilli does make some high quality garments. There is also Seraphin who also makes for Hermes, Jean-Claude Jitrois, and the now defunct Claude Montana.

kitonbrioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brioni, Kiton and Loro Piana all make the best leather/suede jackets I've found. Zegna, Armani, Seraphin, Valentino, Malo, D&G, etc also do high quality leather jackets. For a good deal less money, Schott Bros, for instance, do nice leather jackets.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am all about that shirt in the Zilli display! .....

I've heard that Seraphin is up there with the best as well, hence why I'm purchasing one. Hopefully I won't be disappointed.
wink.gif

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
dior homme, cloak and belstaff

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For dressier jackets - Longhi, Seraphin, Salfra, Schiatti. For casual, Belstaff.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Although on a serious note, Zilli does make some high quality garments.

Their quality is unsurpassed as is their price tag. But, they do provide a replacement collar with every jacket, which is nice.
wink.gif

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't have much experience with different leather/suede jackets but I'm very happy with the one I have from Loro Piana. I think it's their Schooner model. Very soft and supple suede.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by designprofessor
Okay -after everybody stops throwing tomatoes at the idea. Whats wrong with this Jacket from Banana Republic - $450?

It's made by runaway Malaysian children.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads