• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions please: keep em or sell em

dhamm

Reaction score
So I'm slowly weening myself off of Diesel and R&R and that stuff. I picked up these Rag & Bones for pretty cheap and was going to sell them but now I'm having second thoughts. What do you guys think of the fit in the pic I included? I've never cuffed and jeans before and if feels pretty weird, should I keep these cuffed or get them hemmed? Or should i just go ahead and sell them?

BTW- I also just got a ES Fulton rigid and I have a APC Rescue in the mail thanks to my lovely GF

img1606ix4.jpg

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dhamm
So I'm slowly weening myself off of Diesel and R&R and that stuff. I picked up these Rag & Bones for pretty cheap and was going to sell them but now I'm having second thoughts. What do you guys think of the fit in the pic I included? I've never cuffed and jeans before and if feels pretty weird, should I keep these cuffed or get them hemmed? Or should i just go ahead and sell them?

BTW- I also just got a ES Fulton rigid and I have a APC Rescue in the mail thanks to my lovely GF

img1606ix4.jpg

Why do you want to sell them? They look fine, although I would get them hemmed rather than cuffed but that's personal preference.

tljenkin

Reaction score

img1606ix4.jpg

Yeah, what the hell? Those are a great fit. Definitely keep them like that. If you don't like the cuff (I do) and you don't feel like having it there forever with a clothes pin or something, then hem the lenth off.

dhamm

Reaction score
The main reason I wanted to sell them is finacial reasons but they were pretty cheap (under $50). I guess Ill keep them. Now I have to decided if I want them cuffed or not.

Thanks for the replies

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally I'd prefer either bigger cuffs or wearing them stacked. Hemming is too easy!
boxing[1].gif

dhamm

Reaction score
I think that they are too big towards the bottom to successfully stack them.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I think that they are too big towards the bottom to successfully stack them.

IMO I think he should give them a long cold soak and a hang-dry. For my taste, they're just the slightest bit too short the way they're hanging now, but would be too long if they weren't cuffed. R&Bs are very shrink-resistant so after about 4 or so hours in a bucket of water and a hang dry might get them to just the perfect length.

As for the rest of the fit, I think they look great and I definitely wouldn't sell em if I were you. R&Bs make great dressy jeans. For some reason you can wear them with a sports jacket and avoid looking AmJacky.

jcrew923

Reaction score
well keep like people said
and just cuff them
always cuff my jeans and i think it looks good

dhamm

Reaction score
Well, they're soaking now so we'll see what happens

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keep 'em...they look really good, even with the turnups. But I wouldn't call those cuffs. If you wanna be bad, you gotta cuff that **** 2" or more
teacha.gif
Anyway, they could shrink just enough in the length like Brian said after the first wash, so turn 'em up until you wash them once.

mikesduc

Reaction score
Keep 'em. I love little turnips like that. I wear my Sd 103's and Fullcount 1108's like that.

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The main reason I wanted to sell them is finacial reasons but they were pretty cheap (under $50). I guess Ill keep them. Now I have to decided if I want them cuffed or not.

Thanks for the replies

Where did you get them for under $50? Do they still have some?

dhamm

Reaction score
I picked them up at Len Druskin clearance in Edina, MN. The total was $48.70. They had at least another 34/32 and a 34/34 but I didn't look at any other sizes.

dhamm

Reaction score
Are there any pics of these after some wear? I've to expect minimal fading but I'm not srue how minimal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads