1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Opinions Paul Davies-The London Shoemaker

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by sammy, Oct 16, 2006.

1. sammy

sammy Senior Member

Paul Davies will be in DC next month and I'm considering paying him a visit. Has anyone had anything made by him and can speak about his quality and service? Thanks.

2. TimelessRider

TimelessRider Senior Member

Well-made, comfortable shoes. Leather quality is excellent. The lasts are not as agressively styled as Gaziano-Girling shoes but still very nice. My first pair was a square-toed shoe which is not as sharply chiselled as I would have liked, but still gets me lots of compliments. A subsequent round-toed shoe turned out quite nicely. Fit issues with the first pair were resolved efficiently and Paul is very businesslike and courteous in his dealings with clients.

3. pejsek

pejsek Senior Member

immsmc, Mr. Davies worked for some time in the bespoke division of Alan McAfee, then one of the top custom makers in London. Not a bad place to learn the craft. I've not seen any of Mr. Davies' shoes, but I'll bet he has a great grasp of historical English styling (if that's what you're looking for).

4. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

He was also with Cleverley for a time, including just prior to his going it alone.

5. TimelessRider

TimelessRider Senior Member

I also seem to recall Foster & Son as part of his earlier employment.

6. medwards

medwards Senior Member Dubiously Honored

Just a reminder: As Sam's initial post indicates, Mr. Davies will be in at Field's English Custom Tailors here Washington, DC this Saturday, 25 November from 9am until mid-afternoon. Field's is located at 1742 Wisconsin Avenue, NW in Upper Georgetown.