• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions on www.superchrono.com

robgillon

Reaction score
I asked this question in another post, but I actually think it warrants it's own post. What do people think of www.superchrono.com? My initial reaction was that it sounds too good to be true, but after a little bit of research, people on other forums seem to be very happy with it, and despite the fact that it's a company from Singapore which has only signed up for a 2 year website hosting package, it says it has had nearly 5000 satisfied customers.

I would really like to know if anyone has dealt with them, or any feedback or general remarks would be well received, as if it is indeed legit and as great as people say, I could potentially get the watch I want for 50% of retail price!

robgillon

Reaction score
If you consider WatchUSeek to be a reputable board, then that is already a good sign as they have an advert for superchrono on their front page!

xarope

Reaction score
Hmm, their address is not prime real estate, compared to places like passions.com.sg and jwwatch.com, but if it's mainly a webfront shop that would make sense.

I'd say singapore is less likely to attract fraud than buying from HK, China etc!

robgillon

Reaction score
Hmm... I also see that PMWF also has advertising from superchrono on their site. I guess that means that they are indeed reputable. It seems I should go ahead and trust them, but I will leave it until the morning when I can read a few more posts on here, if anyone has anything to add
smile.gif

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go onto eaby and buy from Pokemonyu or something of that nature, he has the best prices I've seen.

ninefiveone

Reaction score
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I had such a bad experience with SuperChrono that I'm actually making a point of googling SuperChrono, and doing what I can to spread the word so that no one else suffers a similar experience.

Short version of my story:

Wife bought me a Hamilton Khaki Air Race as a wedding gift from SuperChrono. Within a month the watch stopped functioning. No amount of shaking, winding, crown fiddling, or verbal threats would get the watch going again.

Brought it by Tourneau and while the watch should still be under warranty, the lack of stamped papers from SuperChrono meant Tourneau wouldn't take it for warranty work. So we contacted SuperChrono.

This is where the story goes bad.

Multiple email exchanges back and forth with them repeatedly telling me to "shake the watch, it will move" and that they "do not understand. Did I shake the watch?" occurred as I repeatedly explained to them that yes, I do know what an automatic watch is, yes I know that they are powered by motion, yes I've tried a variety of crown settings, positions, movements, etc...

After this, they finally suggested I send the watch back to them, at my cost. It took multiple emails to get their mailing address and the entire time they refused to give me a phone number to contact them. When I finally got a mailing address and sent the package, they were never there to accept it! After 3 delivery attempts the watch ends up back at my doorstep (and STILL not working).

At this point, to their credit, they offer their own fedex acct to ship the watch. Again the were not there to receive the package. I had to email them multiple times just to get them to accept a package sent on their own dime.

At this point they claim that the watch works fine and should they ship it back. As I've tried everything reasonable to get this watch working short of opening the case, I know they are lying at this point. Instead of deal with a shady watch, I insisted on a refund. This triggered another 4-5 emails of them saying "we think the watch works? Do you want us to ship it back or refund?" Each time I replied that I wanted a refund.

It looks like I'm finally getting a refund but this is the worst customer service I've seen in some time.

This was a simple transaction. If they'd taken the watch back from the start I would have considered a repair or even a replacement. If they had refunded our money when offered, we would have gladly taken it without further comment. But to be so rude and unethical... well, I feel its important to tell the story of SuperChrono.

Feel free to contact me if you want to see the email trail and see their words for yourself.

Don't ever buy from SuperChrono.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you actually try calling Hamilton directly to see if they could look at it?

Tourneau is a POS business and there's no way they would help out someone who didn't buy the watch with them... Heck, there's no way they would help you out even if you did buy the watch with them.

Manufacturers OTOH generally stand by their product and I've had no issues sending a watch for warranty repair even with unstamped papers (no such experience with Hamilton so I cannot guarantee that)

aconteceu

Reaction score
I had quite a bad experience with superchrono.com as well. I bought a Casio watch that was listed to be tough solar and when it arrived, I discovered based on the watch manual and the official Casio website information, that it is not solar, it's regular battery power. Superchono listed the watch had other features, which it did not have in reality, such as phone number storage. I discovered various other watch models listed with "mistakes" about them being tough solar on their website. I believe it's false advertisement in order to make more sales. Feels shady to me. I would second the suggestion to stay away from them!

purplefab

Reaction score
I ordered from them last May 4. They sent me this emai the same day : Tue, May 4, 2010 10:50:02 PM message: hi, thank you for your payment, your watch will be shipped tomorrow Thank you Then I responded to them to send it to my wrok address since I'll be at work the next day. They mailed me back and asked for my number so I gave it to them. Then on 05-May-2010, at 2:11 PM, "SuperChrono" <[email protected]> wrote: hi, we alreadly ship, you should recived it tomorrow. Thank you So I thanked them. But then on the said day, I didn't get the package, so I sent them this email on Thursday, May 06, 2010 6:20 PM: Hi, I just want to inform you that I haven't received my order yet. I'm not working during the weekend so I hope I get it tomorrow afternoon. I have a meeting in the morning as well. Please help to track. Thank you. Then everyday I keep telling them that I ahven't received it yet and that I'm already worried. I started to complain. Then On 09-May-2010, at 10:34 AM, "SuperChrono" <[email protected]> wrote: Dear xxxx, Pls allow 3-7 working days for delivery We alreadly sent out your item. Thank you So I freaked out becuase this order was for a gift. Considering that they are in Singapore, I was under the impression that the delivery will be swift and smooth. I was also given the expactation to get it the next day but it never came. Then on Tuesday, May 11, 2010 8:29 PM I sent this email: It has not been received yet. It's supposed to be a gift. And by tomorrow, it will be a week since I ordered from you. I should've taken care of the postage if you will be using a regular carrier. Your website says Fedex so we are expecting that it's the next day at 10AM. I'm really disappointed. They responded: Dear xxxx, this is the tracking number www.singpost.com/ra phone is 1605 RR624912463SG ship 5 may 2010 To be frank, Website is for overseas buyer and for local, we have a retail shop at Sim Lim Square. Also fedex do not deal local delivery, therefore we use singapore post. Then I called Singpost because the tracking number cannot be traced. Then I learned from the customer service that the delivery was unsuccessful due to a wrong name. They delievered on 6-May and sent back the package to SuperChrono on 10-May I don't know how they labeled the package. It could be wrong. Bottomline is, they didn't give me the tracking number in time to track my package with Singpost. They also gave me false expectations and they are unprofessional. I demanded to give me an address so I can just pick it up from work and I told them I'm not cancelling my order: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 11:02 AM My email to them: First of all, my name and my address is correct. I’m working here. Second, I didn’t receive any call regarding the package. Third, I was asking where I could pick the package from so I can get it. You just have to give me the address. If it’s in Sim Lim fine, just give me the address so I can pick it up today. Singpost said they delivered it last 6-May. As for what went wrong I don’t know but don’t say they’re third party and you don’t know because they actually delivered immediately the next day. Again, give me an address where I can pick it up. Then without any message in the body they replied with a screenshot of the Paypal Refund info. They are really unprofessional and unethical. Conclusion: I don't have enough time to pick another gift since I'm at work and they wasted all my time and effort. I am not recommending this website to anyone. They don't share their contact number but I was able to get it: Merchant information FUTUREONE TRADING PTE LTD [email protected] www.superchrono.com +65 81987677

charijit

Reaction score
On 14-Mar-2013, I had placed an order for[FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif] [/FONT]Seiko Sportura Chronograph[FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif] SNJ021 at superchrono.com. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]1.When I had placed the order the website said that I would receive an email confirmation from them. [/FONT]I never received any confirmation of my order.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]2.I was worried whether the watch was shipped and just after waiting for few days I wrote them. Strangely, the replies are one line without any name or address. That is when I got suspicious.
3.I clearly asked them whether they could fulfill my order and they re-assured me of that. But then when I asked them for tentative shipping dates, they said that it has been already shipped. Upon asking for shipping details they strangely replied that they are getting it for me. And then nothing.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]This isn't the way business is done, be it in any part of the world. If you visit the website www.superchrono.com there seems to be international divisions, a separate watch division, etc in the below page[/FONT]

http://www.superchrono.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=5

The only way to find out about the credibility and genuineness of this group would be to pay a visit to this address and verify, as a customer.
Being an online forum, if business transactions atleast the order confirmation and shipping details are not transparently declared then one is obviously given to suspicion and doubts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads