1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Opinions on whether I should purchase this Oxxford on Ebay

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by teddieriley, Apr 29, 2006.

1. teddieriley

teddieriley Distinguished Member

I understand that various models of oxxford suits have different degrees of waist suppression. Can this typically be resolved by going to a good tailor to take in the sides as needed? If I'm buying a suit on e-bay and can't be as picky as to the exact model/style of the suit, can I buy one that's boxy or not and just have it taken in to my desired taste of a fitted body?

2. bachbeet

bachbeet Distinguished Member

Looks like a great suit! So, if you like the color, it fits, etc. then, by all means, go for it. You can't go wrong with Oxxford.

3. Teacher

Teacher Stylish Dinosaur

Yes you can. All suits can be taken in at the coat's side seams and, if needed, at the back seam as well. I understand that most coats can be let out, too, but probably not a whole lot.