• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions on TOM FORD dress shoes ?

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For that price why would you not get something from Saint Crispins, John Lobb, Paolo Scafora or even Bespoke in some places is beyond me. They even write "Derby Style Lacing" when it's an oxford (unless it's a term i am not familiar with).

They don't look bad, but for that money you can do much better. There's not that much information about them such as construction. I did some research and it is Blake. For 2000$ no thanks. Not trying to deter you, if you like them go for it, but personally I never touch designer shoes.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably a few times over priced. You can get something similar but (assuming what Kostas is wrote is correct) with a better construction from say Paolo scafora or Santoni for half the price. It’s obviosuly your money and if you like them you should get them. However, you can get the same for a lot less or something much much better (probably also still for less).

Hiimmoody

Reaction score
Important to note that I got a 25 % deal so gonna be 1800 CAD after taxes, I will look up your other brands, I'm just a fan of Tom ford because I like the belts a lot so was wondering if they make great shoes too ! Paolo Scafora looks great from what I can see !

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It would help to know who makes them. That will give at least some indication as to the overall quality. Surely, though, there is a markup regardless given the label.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Important to note that I got a 25 % deal so gonna be 1800 CAD after taxes, I will look up your other brands, I'm just a fan of Tom ford because I like the belts a lot so was wondering if they make great shoes too ! Paolo Scafora looks great from what I can see !
For Paolo, I can help you. Antonio Meccariello also makes amazing shoes. Designer clothes usually don't translate well to shoes. You definitely pay the markup and you can get far better shoes for half the price. I would begin by educating myself about shoe construction and the best brands :)

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In terms of longevity: every pair people like here on SF, even those costing say 200$ can last for the time period you mentioned if properly maintained (you might just have to get the sole redone and/or add a rubber toppy/metal toe-taps). If poorly treated it doesn’t matter how much they costed as you can burn them down much quicker.

haloitsme

Reaction score
IT depends on what you want?
Do you want TF shoes as of TF branding or styling? For the first you have to pay to premium , latter we can talk.
TF is good made not the best. Are you looking for the best? Maybe look at Silvano Lattanzi?
Best

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IT depends on what you want?
Do you want TF shoes as of TF branding or styling? For the first you have to pay to premium , latter we can talk.
TF is good made not the best. Are you looking for the best? Maybe look at Silvano Lattanzi?
Best

You really think Lattanzi is the best? I thought their business model nowadays is just to sell loud shoes at increasingly absurd prices to Russian oligarchs? :D

(But no in all seriousness, would you rate them over other high end rtw such as stc, Fukuda and the likes?)

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I live in Toronto, and I know what discount you’re talking about.

TF shoes have decent construction, and are miles ahead of other designers’ shoes (Armani, Canali, etc...).

I like the tight waist on some of their models, and the leather is decent.

But yes, they are overpriced. You can get G&G shoes for less, with better construction.

I don’t know who makes the shoes, but if I had to guess, I would say Sassetti. They make for RLPL and Zegna (who also makes TF suits and ties).

But if you’re really set on those shoes, I’d recommend the following:

1. Wait a few weeks as I suspect the price will drop more; or

2. Order from TF Milan for a potentially cheaper price.

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For Paolo, I can help you. Antonio Meccariello also makes amazing shoes. Designer clothes usually don't translate well to shoes. You definitely pay the markup and you can get far better shoes for half the price. I would begin by educating myself about shoe construction and the best brands :)

Meccariello, in fact, used to make shoes for Tom Ford. RTW is a third of the price, and you won't find a more elegant shoe anywhere.

EDIT

My mistake. Antonio built for Kiton, not Tom Ford

Last edited:

haloitsme

Reaction score
You really think Lattanzi is the best? I thought their business model nowadays is just to sell loud shoes at increasingly absurd prices to Russian oligarchs? :D

(But no in all seriousness, would you rate them over other high end rtw such as stc, Fukuda and the likes?)
SL is at the very top and can rival the best bespoke shoemakers. That’s a fact. Take a look at scheer gmbh Vienna 5K€ for normal shoe for first timers. And i can ensure they do not take ppl easily, sometimes they say no shoe for you.
As SL is very different to TF it is not worth discussing it.

rwtc

Reaction score
Poor purchase. I was previously a lot stronger with my wording, but have decided against it.

Longevity of the shoes will depend on how often and how hard you wear the shoes.
Plenty of better options out there - many of which were provided to you by other members.

If you want to purchase anyway because of the brand name, go for it, but it'll be a waste of money.

emiratiAL

Reaction score
Does anyone see Tom Ford and have an immense desire to punch him?

I'm sure he's a lovely guy, but he just has this overly smug demeanour that troubles me.

And yes, to echo the majority here, surely you can get something higher quality or similar from the likes of Carmina, TLB etc. for half the price?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads