• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions on this suit

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....MEWN:IT I wanted a solid navy suit, and this was more or less perfect for me, although at first glance, it appears that the chest is a little large, I usually wear around 46-47" and it measures 25" in the front, so I guess we'll see how the fit is when I get it.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's hard to tell from the (lousy) pictures. But, if it's in good condition, looks like you got a bargain.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got this suit, in fact, it needs no alteration, pretty much fits perfectly, great drape. I'm pretty happy about it.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OK, I had thought this suit would still be a little big, but after trying it on tonight with a dress shirt and tie, it seems to fit PERFECTLY. Pretty amazing, I knew I was more or less a perfect 46R but I usually have to get my jackets brought in a bit around the waist, but the Brioni fit more or less perfectly, I guess it is a good match for a V torso. My other brioni suit was a 44R and was a pretty decent fit as well, a bit tighter in the shoulders but a little alteration made it a great fit.

I will post some pics soon.

kidkim2

Reaction score
From the picture, this suit appears to have an extraordinarily classy drape. Congrats.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suits are sometimes funny like that. One day you feel like it can fit a bit better, the next it looks so stunning on you you can't believe it's the same suit you were planning to alter. Such happened to me fairly recently: I thought a jacket I had could use some more waist surpression, but when I saw my reflection in a glass door as I was walking up to it, I thought to myself "Huh, it doesn't look so bad."

Don't get too hung up on how a suit looks on you while you're standing perfectly still, ramrod straight, because you won't be, 90% of the time. If there are genuine fit problems, by all means correct them. However, needless alterations risk damage to the suit.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, actually I was only pondering altering it upon reading the measurements from the vendor before I received the suit, as it is supposed to be a 25" chest across the front while I am more like 23-23.5". Once I actually received the suit, I was pleased to find it needed no alterations.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads