1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions on this suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by drizzt3117, Sep 14, 2004.

1. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....MEWN:IT I wanted a solid navy suit, and this was more or less perfect for me, although at first glance, it appears that the chest is a little large, I usually wear around 46-47" and it measures 25" in the front, so I guess we'll see how the fit is when I get it.

2. kabert

kabert Senior member

It's hard to tell from the (lousy) pictures. But, if it's in good condition, looks like you got a bargain.

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I got this suit, in fact, it needs no alteration, pretty much fits perfectly, great drape. I'm pretty happy about it.

4. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

OK, I had thought this suit would still be a little big, but after trying it on tonight with a dress shirt and tie, it seems to fit PERFECTLY. Pretty amazing, I knew I was more or less a perfect 46R but I usually have to get my jackets brought in a bit around the waist, but the Brioni fit more or less perfectly, I guess it is a good match for a V torso. My other brioni suit was a 44R and was a pretty decent fit as well, a bit tighter in the shoulders but a little alteration made it a great fit.

I will post some pics soon.

5. kidkim2

kidkim2 Senior member

From the picture, this suit appears to have an extraordinarily classy drape. Congrats.

6. Alias

Alias Senior member

Suits are sometimes funny like that. One day you feel like it can fit a bit better, the next it looks so stunning on you you can't believe it's the same suit you were planning to alter. Such happened to me fairly recently: I thought a jacket I had could use some more waist surpression, but when I saw my reflection in a glass door as I was walking up to it, I thought to myself "Huh, it doesn't look so bad."

Don't get too hung up on how a suit looks on you while you're standing perfectly still, ramrod straight, because you won't be, 90% of the time. If there are genuine fit problems, by all means correct them. However, needless alterations risk damage to the suit.

7. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Yeah, actually I was only pondering altering it upon reading the measurements from the vendor before I received the suit, as it is supposed to be a 25" chest across the front while I am more like 23-23.5". Once I actually received the suit, I was pleased to find it needed no alterations.