• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions on this suit...

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Theworldsfinest is reputable, but personally I think they pulled the $1800 figure out of their asses. Without detail pictures it's difficult to asses whether or not the suit is in fact handmade. Plus, you have no idea how the thing really fits, since they've obviously pinned the hell out of it.

At best, an overall average suit. If you get lucky and it fits perfectly, it might be worth $130. But I wouldn't gamble on it.

foto010101

Reaction score
You're right, there is no brand name shown in the description. Anyway, thanks for the information.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burning it would probably be best - it is NOT worth 10% of that money

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBR
Burning it would probably be best - it is NOT worth 10% of that money

When I looked at the auction, the price is less than 10% of 1800 or were you referring to the 99.00. Anyway I have to agree with you the suit does not look good at all and even though people have said the seller is ok. It just looks like a bad deal.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pants pockets are not to my taste

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
theworldsfinest is usually reputable and they have very good names like Brioni, Kiton, Barba, Borrelli, Attolini, Finamore, etc. all NWT.

Where they came up with this fossil of a suit and why they are listing it is beyond me!!!

I sent them a question asking why they would list this antique piece of crap. We'll see if they answer.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's interesting to me that people would knock this suit so hard just because it isn't branded. It could be a fine suit, although it's true we don't know much about it and there aren't interior or detail pictures to judge much of the construction. For $130, it could turn out to be a good deal, but it's obviously a big risk too.

If the measurements are correct, the suit is much more like a 46R US than a 40.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I guess everybody has their bad days.
confused.gif
But, I agree, yikes, it is surprising that they'd offer something like that. And, what is "100% Bemberg Rayon" lining. Either it is one or the other, right? Bemberg is cotton and rayon is... well... rayon. Besides, I'd be pretty angry if I paid $1800 for a custom suit and got rayon lining.

Strangest, though, is what edmorel noted; they say several times that it is a 40R/Euro 50 suit, and then say it has a 48inch chest/44inch waist and the pants have a 39 inch waist.

Any 40R who orders this is going to be able to be able to fit themselves and one of their closest friends into this suit with them.

Edit: oops, grimslade and I posted at the same time.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My understanding is that Bemberg is considered a form of rayon, and is usually described that way. It is made from what is essentially a cotton waste product, while viscose rayon is made from tree fibers, but the processes have much in common. AFAIK.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I didn't know that; thanks for the info. I guess I'm being too mean to this suit, perhaps. I take it back...
smile.gif

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If Ian is selling it, it's probably well made.

However, the styling is very 80s. If that is your fave 'vintage' period, more power to you.

Also the listed size has nothing to do with the listed measurements.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads