1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions on this silk suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by polarbear, Mar 19, 2006.

1. polarbear

polarbear Well-Known Member

Following up on the recent silk pants thread, what do you guys think of this suit for summer? (I may be attending 2 summer weddings in the coming months and don't have much to wear). I'd prefer to keep looking for a linen suit, but the measurements are pretty good for me. What's it worth?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7750953063

2. Duveen

Duveen Senior member

I'm not a huge fan of the 3-B Gibbons model - if you hustle over to Filene's, you can try on a few in 42L (not sure if they have 41L in Gibbons, they do in a Manhattan II).

Anyhow, not a bad suit, but not mindblowingly excellent, either, given my lack of interest in the styling. I am guessing that it won't be 'skinny' enough of a cut for you.

I'd say it is worth at least $450, given that it is NWT.

3. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

I'd say it depends on how good the measurements are for you. I agree with Duveen on the value, and it's certainly a high quality suit, but linen may be more useful. If you can maybe afford both, and the measurements are nearly perfect, I'd keep bidding.

4. polarbear

polarbear Well-Known Member

Haha, i think they're closed! You're probably right about the cut though...I know the silk suit has some history to it, but linen seems to have much more innate "summer-ness" to it, so I'll keep looking. It's probably a real pain to take care of as well. Congratulations Duveen--you've successfully talked me out of two suit purchases in a week. My bank account thanks you.

5. darkoak

darkoak Senior member

I think it's a nice color for the summer. If you can get it for $450, that would be a steal since you can't get a NWT Oxxford even at Filene's for less than $999 unless it's on sale.