• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions on this navy double-breasted shawl collar cardigan?

Grammaton Cleric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like it, but would be tempted to swap out the brass buttons for wood.

Tweedy

Reaction score
I like it :)

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was debating on getting it and putting horn buttons on it. The brass just looks too formal.

SuitMyself

Reaction score
The cardigan also has buttons on the sleeves with functional button holes (surgeon's cuffs). That doesn't make sense--it makes the cardigan look too much like a blazer. I would prefer it didn't have real buttonholes and buttons. Perhaps I could turn up/fold back the cuffs . . . ?

Last edited:

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look much like a cardigan, more like some sort of nautical jacket.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks basically like a knit blazer, which are tough to pull off if you aren't in peak physical condition (and even then, the fit has to be perfect). Not to mention it looks to be a somewhat heavy gauge and double breasted, both of which will only make it tougher to look good.

So I say, get it if you really like it, because returns are easy!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads