Opinions on this ebay offering

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bigbadbuff, Jan 5, 2004.

1. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Senior member

Here... wanted to run this by the experts [​IMG] The Maglis I tried on this weekend at Off Saks were nice and very similiar to these, but about $190. Seller's feedback is very good, and these look to be authentic, well priced, classic black oxfords- exactly what I'm looking for. Opinions?

2. MikeF

MikeF Senior member

In the words of O.J. Simpson:

"I've never seen a pair of Bruno Magli shoes in my closet because... Bruno Magli makes... ugly-ass shoes."

3. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Senior member

the ones I saw this weekend and these, IMO at least, were very nice.

4. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

The seller's feedback is quite good, but you would think that he would include close-up photos of the outsole and insole if he was determined to convince potential buyers of the authenticity of the shoes.  Still, I doubt that the seller would be willing to endanger his eBay reputation, which he spent almost five years building, to make a quick $100.  The biggest risk in my mind is not whether the shoes are authentic, but whether they will fit properly.

5. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Senior member

and that is why I decided to pass. I've never tried on this particular model and I don't think I could resell them easily, so it's not worth the hassle to me.

Thanks for the response AC.