• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions on these white wingtips

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I fuckin love these.....just curious what anyone else thinks of em?

NMM00D0_mp.jpg

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't like the brown peeking through the broguing nor the stitching personally but I think they would work well with your style.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
I prefer some of his cufflinks but I think those are cool for your style.

NMM8364_mp.jpg

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Funny, I was just looking at a pair of these made by Brooks Brothers in white buck. They'd be hard to pull off, but I was thinking of wearing them with a pair of raw slim fit or white slim jeans. Other than that, I'd imagine some pastel linen trousers will work as well. Cool shoes nevertheless.

Here're the BB made ones:

145H_enlarged.jpg

A while back I posted some Tricker's boots just like those bucks. I think the smooth leather ones look too much like golf shoes, but bucks would be cool.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Whoopee....yea the brown peeking thru the broguing is one of the details I really liked, providing some contrast so it isnt stark white.

Tiger...I have a pair of the mini cooper links, they're fun.

I'm hoping they have these in-store to check out in real life this weekend.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Funny, I was just looking at a pair of these made by Brooks Brothers in white buck. They'd be hard to pull off, but I was thinking of wearing them with a pair of raw slim fit or white slim jeans. Other than that, I'd imagine some pastel linen trousers will work as well. Cool shoes nevertheless.

Here're the BB made ones:

145H_enlarged.jpg

Wouldn't raw jeans turn shoes like this blue within days, if not hours?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Yes they would...I wouldnt wear white leather shoes with raw jeans for that reason. But with a slim casual wool or cotton trouser they'd look great.

Jen

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Whoopee....yea the brown peeking thru the broguing is one of the details I really liked, providing some contrast so it isnt stark white.

I'm hoping they have these in-store to check out in real life this weekend.

They look great, and I agree about the brown peaking through. It adds visual interest rather than just blinding you. I do think, though, that if you are going to sport shoes like that, you should top it off with a cool lid.

wallateer

Reaction score
I like those shoes, Jason. Personally, I wouldn't wear them because I don't quite understand how to coordinate white (except for shirts) with other items in my outfit.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jen
I do think, though, that if you are going to sport shoes like that, you should top it off with a cool lid.

a cool haircut is about as far as I can go in that dept!

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Actually, I'm a bit fond of having some indigo on my white shoes. I have a pair of leather all white Chucks with spots of indigo on them. I think some dirt and indigo give the shoes a bit of character.

I dont mind indigo stains on my white trainers, but I wouldnt want those same stains on a $400 pair of dress-y shoes

SGladwell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Have you seen his Bristol 403 ones? I have them in red and green. Everyone who studies them asks me what kind of car is on them, too. Nobody guesses right, though.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
yep, I have those as well, where one link is the front of the car (red) and the other link is the rear (green). I want to get the clock links next, in red.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads