• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions On These Two Barbour Jackets...

sammy

Reaction score
Looking to pic up one of these for the fall. I have the Bedale, which I like very much, and wanted to get another Barbour for variety. Anyone own either one of these and could speak about their fit and comfort? Thanks.
The International Jacket (Like the Belstaff Trailmaster):

The Cowen Commando:

I'm partial to the International. Your thoughts?

Basic_Black

Reaction score
I am definitely more partial to the Barbour as well. I have been eyeing them for a while, and decided that the original (A7) International would be a great pick for fall and early spring.
I just ordered one from Gifts4 Fishing for $304, including shipping.

I hope you also bought one- probably eons ago.

As the Brits would say, Cheerio!
teacha.gif

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A proud wearer of the Liddesdale in gold.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Of the two, I prefer the Cowen.

jmh

Reaction score
Of all Barbour models, which is the true classic -- the very best Barbour?

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
You might also consider the Horsey Jacket from Loro Piana.

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but as an owner of both I'd say Belstaff all the way (if the style is similar, of course, Belstaff doesn't match all Barbour's styles and vice versa)

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If there is such a thing as the true classic Barbour it's the Bedale. Certainly the two styles pictured above are a little outside the classic look, and I'd support the suggestion that if you want a Belstaff-style jacket, it's best to buy a Belstaff. Of the two, I prefer the Cowen, but only because it looks the more traditional.

Perhaps for something a little different, you could try the Leather Beaufort. I've got one and love it.

Style Counsel

Reaction score
Is there a model without the bellows pockets on the outside near the hem? Or a similar coat without them by another company?

Eternal

Reaction score
Can somome help me with this one? What kind of model is the one on the frontpage? http://www.barbour.com/indexFlash.html

And where can i find it in brown?

Do you guys think it's a good buy for a 17 year old?

(excuse my english, I'm Norwegian)

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eternal
Can somome help me with this one? What kind of model is the one on the frontpage? http://www.barbour.com/indexFlash.html

And where can i find it in brown?

Do you guys think it's a good buy for a 17 year old?

(excuse my english, I'm Norwegian)

Eskdale perhaps? I think it's perfectly fine for 17 year old. I have a waxed one and I'm 16.

Eternal

Reaction score
thanks, i found one named Barbour Liddesdale Jacket, I don't know wich of them I'm going to buy yet. Should i get a brown one? I got many grey and black jackets already.
prod-1492.jpg
pretty nice?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads