• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Opinions on these Tom Ford Aviators

Athlete218

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2010
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
looking @ purchasing them, albeit a different color maybe>>..

Silver w/ Blue lens
or Gunmetal w/ Gray Gradient Lens

 

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
1,383
Reaction score
7
Yep, they certainly look like aviators
 

EZETHATSME

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
784
Reaction score
3
They look fine - I mean yeah they are aviators, not all that much difference between them. Size of course, and colors or what have you.

Kind of boils down to if you like them on you. I just bought a pair of Ray Bans, love 'em.

EZ
 

rogerm

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
563
Reaction score
0
If it's about fashion/looks, get them.

If you care about optics, get something else. Tom Ford's glasses are poorly made. pick up a pair of Oliver Peoples Benedict aviators and you'll see/feel the difference at first touch.
 

Made in California

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2010
Messages
880
Reaction score
15
You can say your glasses aren't made by Luxottica, if that means anything to you.
 

Athlete218

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2010
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by EZETHATSME
They look fine - I mean yeah they are aviators, not all that much difference between them. Size of course, and colors or what have you.

Kind of boils down to if you like them on you. I just bought a pair of Ray Bans, love 'em.

EZ


I was looking at Ray Ban 3342 Warrior too...
 

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2009
Messages
1,708
Reaction score
47
Originally Posted by Made in California
You can say your glasses aren't made by Luxottica, if that means anything to you.



-LR
 

EZETHATSME

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
784
Reaction score
3
These are what I purchased last week. http://www.ray-ban.com/usa/products/rb3362 The lens don't drop down quite as far on the face as most aviators, I'm happy with 'em. But really, aviators are going to look like aviators. Choose a size that fits best on your face and a color of frames/lens you like. EZ
 

Aitor

New Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2010
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by EZETHATSME
These are what I purchased last week.

http://www.ray-ban.com/usa/products/rb3362

The lens don't drop down quite as far on the face as most aviators, I'm happy with 'em. But really, aviators are going to look like aviators. Choose a size that fits best on your face and a color of frames/lens you like.

EZ


I also received these in last week and they really are a great pair. The frame is a bit smaller, but looks better than the standard Aviators. I would highly recommend getting the polarized version, as you can find it for the same price ($139 or less) than the retail of the non-polarized version.

if you have the cash and looking for other quality lenses, check out SALT optics.
 

ktrp

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2010
Messages
447
Reaction score
10
I like the shape, I have randolph crew chiefs which are also a 'shallower' egg shaped aviator.
 

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

  • Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

  • Loafers

  • Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

  • Monk strap shoes

  • Oxford / Derby shoes

  • Sneakers


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
427,195
Messages
9,193,977
Members
193,096
Latest member
Joe1001

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top