• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Opinions on these shoes--dress or casual?

A.L.Z.

Reaction score

They seem to be dress shoes, but something tells me they're not.

A.L.Z.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Chukka boots? Whats the sole made of?

What qualifies something as chukkas? vs bluchers or some other ankle boot?
re sole:

Marcellionheart

Reaction score
Those look like Chukkas to me. They're pretty versatile I'd say. I have a similar pair which I wear with jeans or occasionally a suit. Suitable for all but the most formal of events/workplaces which would require black oxford shoes.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are are in the middle of dress and casual shoes. I had a pair of Grenson boots that are almost identical to yours. I mostly paired them with jeans and chinos.

Originally Posted by Marcellionheart
Those look like Chukkas to me. They're pretty versatile I'd say. I have a similar pair which I wear with jeans or occasionally a suit. Suitable for all but the most formal of events/workplaces which would require black oxford shoes.

They are some nice shoes, but I would never wear them with a suit.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.