• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions on these jackets

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
The PS jacket looks cool, kinda hard to see on my monitor tho since it's all black. It's pricey and I've found the Jeans line runs bigger and boxier than his other lines.

The Diesel is also cool, and the price is obviously better. I really like Diesel's fit as I own one (the Jubweto) and have tried on 2 or 3 others and they all run slim and "correct" sizing (meaning I should be a med and Diesel Med fits me very well).

Between those 2, I'd go with the Diesel, even tho I'm a Paul Smith loyalist

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The PS is more wearable, so to speak. I'm not crazy about the black (doesn't add a lot of visual interest), but it does clean up the milspec look. The buttons on the Diesel ruin it for me, though I like it otherwise.

Bungee Man

Reaction score
Out of the two. I would go for the DIESEL one. Although I don't really like the buttons on the DIESEL one.

ninjapie

Reaction score
I'm really digging the PS jacket. It's indeed a bit hard to see the details on a computer monitor, so perhaps you could find a better picture somewhere?

The Diesel Jacket is okay, but I'm a bit biased about Diesel clothing in general. Their clothing always seems a bit clichÃ
00a9.png
to me.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd go with the Paul Smith. Black is better to match.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow, that Diesel one is cool!

-Jeff

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I have the best jacket.

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm...

I think I would grow tired of the Diesel jacket pretty fast. I would also have to see those buttons up close.

You can't see the Paul Smith jacket worth a darn, but it's more versatile. It also looks warmer(I don't know if you are taking that into consideration). I would go with PS...

WatchGuy

Reaction score
Personally, I like the Paul Smith one much better. That is a great looking jacket and will look good for a long time. I think you may get tired of the Diesel one a bit quicker.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads