• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions on these Borrelli trousers...

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Link I love Borrelli's shirts and sportcoats but I have no experience with their trousers. Anyone own any or tried them on and have opinions? 2 things for sure- I can't have them run small in that size, and I don't care for pants that taper a lot, ala Incotex. Love the color and I'm sure they look and feel amazing.

dorian

Reaction score
Um, they look nice... However, if you are as big and buff as your posting name suggests, I don't know that Borrelli trousers would be the best fit for you. More often than not, they are very tapered... But it's all a question of what look you are going for.... (um, that didn't really help, did it? sorry... Â
huh.gif
)

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally, I don't prefer the cut of the Borrelli pants. Mine run pretty slim in the legs and seat. Even though I'm tall and slender, I don't think they are very flattering. Or maybe I just like roomier pants. Quality wise, they're great to look at. True to Borrelli style: lots of ostentatious pick-stitching.
biggrin.gif

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to add my 2 cents, in my experience, they fit very differently from Borrelli shirts and blazers -- very fitted. The width of the slacks at the bottom hem is just about the narrowest I've ever seen in dress slacks. Also, the seat and the thighs don't fit me at all in my size -- they are definitely not cut for the "relaxed fit" American. The fit is too funky and fitted for my office (regardless of how wonderfully beautiful the fabric is), and I don't need another pair of "Saturday night" slacks. (By the way, I own several pairs of Incotex, and they are cut nothing like Borrelli that I can tell -- Borrelli is much more fitted.)

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
actually, i just rec'd a pair of borrelli trousers myself this very day. holy handwork-- these are truly the italian equivilant of oxxford trousers-- mine are grey lightweight wool, and have a button fly. every single (and i mean EVERY) buttonhole on them is handstitched, really superb details. you're lucky, finding some with flat fronts-- mine are pleated, but will look great with a sportcoat i think.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
2 more cents:

In general I agree with what's been said - Borrelli trousers tend to be very tapered/fitted. But there are a few exceptions, they have looser models that you will see sometimes. About the handwork - as Foxx said, some of the trousers are spectacular. But there is a range of quality, like Incotex - some models have little or no handwork. Most Borrelli trousers on ebay are NWT and price is a good indicator - the pairs with the higher retail values likely have more hand detailing.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To add a further penny to my response, I wanted to note that the comment that they are like Italian-made Oxxford slacks is pretty close to the mark. The fabrics are absolutely the best there is, and the amount of hand-work is amazing. Plus, the inside of the slacks (similar to Incotex and to a lesser degree Oxxford) is a work of sartorial art as well.

In my experience, if you're looking for another pair of slacks that are cut in the Corbin/Brooks/J.Press, etc. "straight-leg" manner, you will be surprised (but maybe not disappointed).

By the way, Borrelli shorts are amazing -- I've got four pairs. They are cut longer than typical "dress" shorts, more like traditional Bermuda shorts. Yes, they are cut the same as the slacks, but I don't like big billowy shorts anyway.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads