• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions on these boots?

ZenStyle

Reaction score
I was thinking of these boots for wearing with jeans (straight leg or bootcuts) and also maybe with a bit more dressed up look. One colour is kinda black/charcol the other colour is brownish, but not a solid brown..has some darker colour blended or something. After clicking the link, click the boot at the bottom right of the shown shoes on the Snipe page. Boot 1 What about this one? Click the boot in the middle of the first column. The brown one. Boot 2 Thanks.

Oddly Familiar

Reaction score
Ummmm, the one in the first link I could not see with jeans.

The second link I'm not sure. The one in the middle on the left MIGHT work, but I couldn't pull it off. The one in the middle on the left? No way, a guy should never wear a pair of boots with a zipper going up the side of the boot. Why not just get some plain boots? If yo're going to spend 100's of dollars, why not get some luxury (ostrich, gator, whatever) boots? The "luxury" boots would look ridiculous with a pair of faded jeans on, but with a pair of nice, dress jeans would look good. But, what do I know? I'm the guy that was gonna wear a black shirt with white jacket to my prom.

ZenStyle

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. What I'm picturing is this: semi-faded/washed bootcut Guess jeans with button down long sleeve shirt (untucked) and a pair of ankle boots (probably brown, not pointy toe, not super expensive). Any pics or links to something that might fit the bill for the boot would be great. Also hope to wear it with non-faded jeans and maybe nicer pants/dressier. I already have the jeans, shirt, etc. Thanks.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First pair is plausible with jean, best with the distressed leather treatment. Style is somewhere between handsome and odd.

Second pair is very military looking, incl. side zipper.

But really Kenneth Cole is like the BR of boots; there's some good stuff in the line but if this is the standard then board members can raise you higher.....LA Guy?

Lydia

Reaction score
I think the one in the first link is pretty cool. The others are not so special, and the zipper is a bit jarring.

marc37

Reaction score
Sorry to say but those boots/shoes are hideous. They don't look dressy at all. How about spending some decent money and buying these:
albaladejobrogueboot2eo.gif
Regards, Ron.

ZenStyle

Reaction score
Just to clarify, the boot I mentioned in the second link was NOT the black long zipper one but the brown one in the other column. Marc37 I disagree that the Snipe boot is hideous. It looks quite good in person actually. Thanks for posting a pic, but it has a pointy toe which I don't want and not really into the stitch pattern. It's all subjective this stuff :) I guess I'm leaning more to a casual boot then could be used for a bit dressier, but not full on dress boot. Here's another option...thoughts? : Boot 3 Again, thanks for any ideas guys.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get a pair of Costume National boots off Yoox. Â They are usually reasonably priced, and generally made of decent leather, with interesting treatments. Â Recent collections have used a lot of washed, distressed, and waxed leathers, which are perfect with jeans. Â At discount, they don't cost much more thant Kenneth Cole ones. Â Use the discount code on www.reesycakes.com for 10% off. Please disregard marc37's advice. His tastes in footwear (either traditional or "fashion") often leave something to be desired.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boot 2, 25238, is the least unattractive of the ones you have posted.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get a pair of Costume National boots off Yoox.

Just as I have been longing to do. My only fear is issues of correspondence between EU and US sizes (41? 42? Help.). How are they sized? I have one old pair of CN boots sized 7.5, English sizing I assume because I am a US 8.5.

What are experiences with returns to Yoox?

tgfny

Reaction score
First ones should be good on field goals out to 45 yds or so. Don't think the second ones would be good beyond 30 yards.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads