1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Opinions on these boots please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dhamm, Jul 25, 2006.

1. dhamm

dhamm Well-Known Member

2. chicbicyclist

chicbicyclist Active Member

3. dhamm

dhamm Well-Known Member

Yeah, I guess I want suggestions as much as opinions as Im kinda out of my element with this decision. But, for some reason I really like the whole wing tip thing that these have.

4. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Stylish Dinosaur

Yeah, I guess I want suggestions as much as opinions as Im kinda out of my element with this decision. But, for some reason I really like the whole wing tip thing that these have.

Yeah, that would be a no on those.

Maybe something like this?
    [​IMG]

5. dhamm

dhamm Well-Known Member

let me also add that my funds are kinda limited (chiro. college) and I dont want anything too dressy or shiny.

6. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

Clarks Desert Boot Timeless, inexpensive, comfortable and handsome. What color do you like?

7. familyman

familyman Senior Member

I love wingtip boots. Trickers makes a great (and stinking expensive) pair. For cheap boots to wear just for fun they're ok but I think they're about twice what I'd want to pay for them. What do you want out of a boot? Just something to look cool or something to actually function as a boot? I alway suggest redwings as a good boot. From there it's all up to budget. That assumes you want a boot that can be a boot and not just fashion. What you lookin' for. http://www.redwingshoe.com/productde...px?prodid=1043 [​IMG]

8. dhamm

dhamm Well-Known Member

Im not too worried about the boot being extemely functional as a "boot". I have looked at the Desert boot and they are on my list of maybes

9. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Yeah, that would be a no on those. Maybe something like this? [​IMG]
    Those are beautiful. Do you have them? What's the construction like? Prada being what it is and all.

10. UMass

UMass Senior Member

I actually like them, they would go great with jeans.
    You would look like a rock star.

11. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Stylish Dinosaur

Those are beautiful. Do you have them? What's the construction like? Prada being what it is and all.

I don't have them but I've tried them on in a boutique before, they look really nice, and the leather feels like it is at least decent. It's not an item you'd likely wear every day, but it seems like given those constraints it would last for awhile. Feels at least as nice if not better than the Loake Chelseas.

I have the other pair of Prada chelsea boots that I posted in that one thread by dhinggok, the dark brown ones, and they are really nice, I've had them for a couple years and wear them quite often, they still look new. Those aren't as shiny though.

12. dhamm

dhamm Well-Known Member

Im actually really starting to like the desert boot but Im wondering if the light suede would get easily stained from my jeans. I have some Wallabees that have pretty bad stains and they were from before i wore raw denim.

13. skalogre

skalogre Distinguished Member

Word of warning for anyone expecting to wear desert boots in the summer on asphalt or cement. The soles get HOT. Seriously. I wore desert boots quite a bit growing up back home in Limassol, in the summer the soles would get really bloody hot when walking on the road. [​IMG]

14. jstockton858

jstockton858 Member

let me also add that my funds are kinda limited (chiro. college) and I dont want anything too dressy or shiny.
    see I am in the same situation as you being a low funds college student trying to find boots, or dress shoes, that look good with slim jeans. i bought these (off ebay for much cheaper) http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7200020.html but afterwards realized i need a black boot. my search is still on.

15. dhamm

dhamm Well-Known Member

[​IMG] How about these? They're not boots but I like the style. Do you think they'd look ok with jeans