• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions on these Boat Shoes.

butkusrules

Reaction score
sperr243491_137212_lg.jpg
Thought about getting some last year but didn't pull the trigger. "Blue" is a little crazy for me but Ive seen them in the magazines, on the street and they have been compelling. Also anyone know the difference between "blue point" and "authentic originals"??

Real estate

Reaction score
Originally Posted by butkusrules
sperr243491_137212_lg.jpg

Though about getting some last year but didn't pull the trigger. "Blue" is a little crazy for me but Ive seen them in the magazines and on people and they have been compelling.
Also anyone know the difference between "blue point" and "authentic originals"??

Nice shoes. These are the exact same ones I am thinking about getting. I was wondering the same about the "blue point" and "authentic originals" as well

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have those exact shoes....I wore them practically every day of the summer I wasn't at work.

Super comfortable and they really go well with EVERYTHING....shorts, jeans, khakis, you name it.

Great pick up.

butkusrules

Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
I have those exact shoes....I wore them practically every day of the summer I wasn't at work.

Super comfortable and they really go well with EVERYTHING....shorts, jeans, khakis, you name it.

Great pick up.

thanks, how did they run size wise for you? Are they about the same size as (assuming here) your allen edmonds?

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks, how did they run size wise for you? Are they about the same size as (assuming here) your allen edmonds?

Gosh, I'd have to go back and check. I think the Topsiders are 11.5 (my AE size as well).

I'll try to remember when I get home tonight and check.

Originally Posted by AscotMcPocketsquare
Is there something wrong with the classic sperry topsider in brown with a white sole now?

Nothing wrong at all....I'm probably going to pick up a pair this summer.

butkusrules

Reaction score
Gosh, I'd have to go back and check. I think the Topsiders are 11.5 (my AE size as well). I'll try to remember when I get home tonight and check.

Thanks, but its a moot point as of 10 minutes ago. Thanks for the help. Nothing wrong at all....I'm probably going to pick up a pair this summer.
I was actually going to go brown but I saw the some pics in esquire and then again @ gilt.com 's band of outsiders sale page. Almost all the models had navy Sperry's on and it was a rare opportunity to see a variety of clothes against one pair of shoes.

Gravitas72

Reaction score
Found these Sperry top-siders at Nordstrom Rack for $70 the other day. Incredibly comfortable. In fact, even better than the Puma sneakers I was wearing prior to trying them on. For your sizing reference - I'm a size 9, and they fit me perfectly in 9.

Johnathan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AscotMcPocketsquare
Is there something wrong with the classic sperry topsider in brown with a white sole now?
Is there something wrong with things being interesting now?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nordstrom's has the navy and the brown boat shoes for $59.99. I like navy boat shoes but I don't like the white laces on the Sperry.

butkusrules

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
Nordstrom's has the navy and the brown boat shoes for $59.99. I like navy boat shoes but I don't like the white laces on the Sperry.

I managed to beat that even.

Item number: 370156298339\t
Ebay for 39.99

Size 11.5, and there is one more pair available if anyone is interested.

AscotMcPocketsquare

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnathan
Is there something wrong with things being interesting now?
I am a traditionalist when it comes to my boat shoes. I refuse to waiver from that brand/style.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I managed to beat that even.

Item number: 370156298339\t
Ebay for 39.99

Size 11.5, and there is one more pair available if anyone is interested.

Nice...

one other thing...I know they're boat shoes and it's cool to get them wet, but if you do just be prepared to have your feet and/or socks turn blue for about a day.

HHD

Reaction score
Nice shoes. APC has a nice pair in dark navy suede, though I'm not sure suede is ideal for boat shoes if you're actually going to be going on a boat.

In the new Heschung collection there is a suede "boat shoe" though with a thin leather sole so it's actually closer to a moccasin. Lovely colours - red, orange or dark brown.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads