• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions on these belts

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PolePosition

Reaction score
As much as I love Armani....those are gaudy. Not even gaudy in a good way. Just ugly IMO.

Osprey Guy

Reaction score
Well I guess that's why they make so many flavors... I'd wear either one...no problem In fact 2 of my (many) Martin Dingmans are surprisngly reminiscent of those two. FYI- I too am a "belt junkie"...I own 100+ belts!
woot.gif
Dennis

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
100+ belts... what a waste of money. it's not like they contribute much to a fit. you just need a good leather one you can beat up for a long time (for those stf denim) and you shouldn't need any for a suit.

and it seems like you have a secret love for them just because they're armani. they have no redeeming quality otherwise and even then it's not much of a redeeming quality.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
100+ belts... what a waste of money. it's not like they contribute much to a fit. you just need a good leather one you can beat up for a long time (for those stf denim) and you shouldn't need any for a suit.
Stupid opinion. I'll leave you to figure out why.

and it seems like you have a secret love for them just because they're armani. they have no redeeming quality otherwise and even then it's not much of a redeeming quality.
Not reading as much into it, but agreed, those aren't great.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks to me this discussion is really more about the buckle than the belt. It's impossible to tell whether there's anything special about the belt itself.

If you really want to see some awesome belts, hang around this side of the forum a little more. I get the feeling the MC forum might be a bit more receptive to the belts that the OP posted, but not by much.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
if you need one for a suit your pants obviously don't fit you very well. if not you should at least get ones with side tabs for adjustment. belts look a bit weird on suits. maybe i'm just not used to it.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
$200 for the Armani name, $25 for the actual belt.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
100+ belts... what a waste of money. it's not like they contribute much to a fit. you just need a good leather one you can beat up for a long time (for those stf denim) and you shouldn't need any for a suit. and it seems like you have a secret love for them just because they're armani. they have no redeeming quality otherwise and even then it's not much of a redeeming quality.
I think belts are one of the most important things in a wardrobe, and one of the most underrated items as well. If you tuck in your shirt, and you're wearing a belt that looks like **** (say a dress belt worn casually), you've basically just destroyed the entire look imo. While I don't think you need 100 belts by any means, to say belts don't contribute heavily to an outfit is sort of dumb.... And I agree with the others: Both belts are ugly and over priced.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the OP a guido? If yes, then: they are ugly, get both. If no, then: they are ugly, stay away from them.

who8mahrice

Reaction score
if you need one for a suit your pants obviously don't fit you very well.

If that's your argument, all belts are useless...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads