• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Opinions on these belts

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PolePosition

Reaction score
As much as I love Armani....those are gaudy. Not even gaudy in a good way. Just ugly IMO.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
100+ belts... what a waste of money. it's not like they contribute much to a fit. you just need a good leather one you can beat up for a long time (for those stf denim) and you shouldn't need any for a suit.

and it seems like you have a secret love for them just because they're armani. they have no redeeming quality otherwise and even then it's not much of a redeeming quality.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
100+ belts... what a waste of money. it's not like they contribute much to a fit. you just need a good leather one you can beat up for a long time (for those stf denim) and you shouldn't need any for a suit.
Stupid opinion. I'll leave you to figure out why.

and it seems like you have a secret love for them just because they're armani. they have no redeeming quality otherwise and even then it's not much of a redeeming quality.
Not reading as much into it, but agreed, those aren't great.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks to me this discussion is really more about the buckle than the belt. It's impossible to tell whether there's anything special about the belt itself.

If you really want to see some awesome belts, hang around this side of the forum a little more. I get the feeling the MC forum might be a bit more receptive to the belts that the OP posted, but not by much.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
if you need one for a suit your pants obviously don't fit you very well. if not you should at least get ones with side tabs for adjustment. belts look a bit weird on suits. maybe i'm just not used to it.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
$200 for the Armani name, $25 for the actual belt.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
100+ belts... what a waste of money. it's not like they contribute much to a fit. you just need a good leather one you can beat up for a long time (for those stf denim) and you shouldn't need any for a suit. and it seems like you have a secret love for them just because they're armani. they have no redeeming quality otherwise and even then it's not much of a redeeming quality.
I think belts are one of the most important things in a wardrobe, and one of the most underrated items as well. If you tuck in your shirt, and you're wearing a belt that looks like shit (say a dress belt worn casually), you've basically just destroyed the entire look imo. While I don't think you need 100 belts by any means, to say belts don't contribute heavily to an outfit is sort of dumb.... And I agree with the others: Both belts are ugly and over priced.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the OP a guido? If yes, then: they are ugly, get both. If no, then: they are ugly, stay away from them.

who8mahrice

Reaction score
if you need one for a suit your pants obviously don't fit you very well.

If that's your argument, all belts are useless...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 241 32.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 119 15.8%
  • 31 - 40