Opinions on Spalwart shoes?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by doopdoop, Jul 15, 2013.

1. doopdoop

doopdoop Well-Known Member

2. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

So this only post was from like 3 years ago, but I did a search on the forum for Spalwart and didn't get results so thought I'd revive and post my question here:

Does anyone have experience with recent releases and care to comment on quality, fit, etc.? I'm mildly curious with certain colorways of the Marathon Trails model and wondering how they hold up to SF members' standards. I'm also trying to figure out sizing. If I'm a 9.5 in Nike, New Balance, Adidas, 41 in CPs, 42 in MMMs, would I be a 41 or 42 in these? Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016

3. baltimoron

baltimoron Senior member

I think carson street stocks them so you could call and ask how they correspond to Buttero since they also carry those.

4. Gantenbein

Gantenbein Well-Known Member

Hi. We`re just about the same size. Curious what size you took in the end, cause I can`t find a good advice on sizing anywhere else.
    Thanks in advance [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016

5. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

I have the Marathon Trails and took my regular/ Brannock size

6. Tristian

Tristian Senior member

I'm keen to learn about the sizing of the Marathons as well. I too am a 9US and wear a 41 in CP's. Does being a 41 in CP achilles translate into 41 Marathon? 42 perhaps?

Thanks!

7. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Hi. I ended up with the 41. I had both and compared them for a few days before deciding to stick with the 41. The 42 just felt a bit too big and roomy in the toe box in the end. 41.5 would probably be my ideal size if they made it or it was available to me. I feel like the 41s will stretch/loosen up a bit with more wear. I can wear them fine with no show or thinner socks, but they get a bit cramped with thicker socks like Anonymous Ism for example.