• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions on my suit please (Photos included)

zcomputer5

Reaction score
I have just had the side-seams brought in and the sleeve length reduced, but in my opinion now the sleeve look too short!

Dw3610wm

Reaction score
I don't think you are showing too much cuff, button stance may be a bit lower for my taste but the jacket looks pretty decent from the front, from the side it looks like you are leaning to the wardrobe on the left but doesn't look that bad; maybe a tad to tight on the sides, but I don't think anyone IRL will notice it to be like that and I may be talking complete toss. Good stuff and enjoy

zcomputer5

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dw3610wm
I don't think you are showing too much cuff, button stance may be a bit lower for my taste but the jacket looks pretty decent from the front, from the side it looks like you are leaning to the wardrobe on the left but doesn't look that bad; maybe a tad to tight on the sides, but I don't think anyone IRL will notice it to be like that and I may be talking complete toss. Good stuff and enjoy

Its really annoying I don't seem to have much luck with tailors, firstly they make my custom made shirt wrong and now a different tailor has made the suit a little too tight.

Maccimus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zcomputer5
The whole suit or the side seams or?
The whole jacket. It looks like you have 40 shoulders and 34 waist. Excessive waist suppression won't make you look slim, but make you look unbalanced.

zcomputer5

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maccimus
The whole jacket. It looks like you have 40 shoulders and 34 waist. Excessive waist suppression won't make you look slim, but make you look unbalanced.

I am 42" chest and 34" waist. I would classify myself was being slim, I didn't ask the tailor to make it this tight, I just said I need it taken in and left it for him to decide how much to bring it in by.

zcomputer5

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sebastian_Flyte
They were a bit aggressive with the waist suppression, but overall looks fine.

Yeah I think it was brought in about 2" each side when really it only needed around 1". The thing it I feel bad if I say I don't like it and make the tailor redo his work.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zcomputer5
Its really annoying I don't seem to have much luck with tailors, firstly they make my custom made shirt wrong and now a different tailor has made the suit a little too tight.

Does it feel tight? Because imo it doesn't really look too tight. The waist supression is maybe a bit more than would be ideal, but I don't think it looks bad.

zcomputer5

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
Does it feel tight? Because imo it doesn't really look too tight. The waist supression is maybe a bit more than would be ideal, but I don't think it looks bad.

Well its feels a little tight to be honest but not too much. The thing is I go from a 42" chest to a 34" waist to a 42" seat, I not sure if this is typical or not?

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks a little short in the body, and a bit too tight like others have said. Note the stress lines on the chest and back.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
the waist suppression is too extreme. Why? 1. the shoulders are a tad wide, which is fine, but the extreme waist overemphasizes them and makes it look a little unbalanced top to bottom. 2. See how your vents are bursting open? clearly too tight across the lower back.

Slim/fitted is good. tight is bad.

otherwise it looks nice. Enjoy!

zcomputer5

Reaction score
So should I take it to get it adjusted? Do you think I should increase it be say 0.5" each seam or more?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads