• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions on loafers please..

dhamm

Reaction score
What do you guys think of these? Ok to pair with jeans? Or any other recomendations in the price range? Iv edecided loafers would suit me better than boots but Im not sure what to go with.

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7216252.html

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I love loafers but I won't wear driver's which those are. They're a little too "for the weekend drive" though you can wear them wherever you please. I dislike the rubber pads on the non-existent sole and the one on the heel but if you like them just do it. They have free shipping and returns. I have some red loafers that nobody likes except me and maybe a few girls
tounge.gif

familyman

Reaction score
They're not at sleek as driving shoes but http://www.quoddytrail.com/index.html has these two, a venetian and a penny. They'd be more practical to walk around in, can be resoled and should last a very long time.
301R.jpg
420-BRN.jpg
Very small company, handsewn, will make the shoes to order for you. My next pair of shoes is going to be the pennies.

dhamm

Reaction score
Thanks for the input but I think the Eccos are a little "chunkier" than what Im looking for. The Clarks have somewhat of a lower profile.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't get the point of wearing driving mocs for a weekend "Let's go out and party!" outfit.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flame
I don't get the point of wearing driving mocs for a weekend "Let's go out and party!" outfit.

Umm..because you gotta drive to and back from the party.

dhamm

Reaction score
Theyll be worn mostly for going to school but they will get some weekend wear also...unless they're only allowed to be worn for driving. If thats the case then Ill return them immediatley.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're fairly groovy for many situations, imho; with jeans, semi formal trousers etc. They look quite robust and should last a while, I'd say.

In contrast, maybe, to what I purchased in the sales this morning. I couldn't resist these, and at half price for only 80 euros, they should see me though fairly light use in the summer months with slim legged cotton trousers or narrow legged denims, coming in vogue.

familyman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dhamm
Those quoddy trail shoes seem to be too, uh ...."Mature" for what I'm looking for. Im 23 and dress pretty casually.
Cool, casual means different things to different people. I can't really wear driving shoes because my feet are pretty small for my height. I'm 6 foot with a size 8 shoe so if I put on something dainty and soleless like driving shoes or a lot of the fashionable sneaks then it looks like I don't have feet at all, just little stumps. I need a bit of sole. Give it a few months and a lot of places like Nordsroms Rack are going to start having driving mocs on sale if you can wait a bit. The glory of off season shopping. EDIT: Just found these on sale from Eddie Bauer as well, reasonable price if you like them. http://www.eddiebauer.com/eb/product...&sc=&lp=v1i015

dhamm

Reaction score
Those EB loafers are nice but for $20 I think the Clarks would be better quality and more comfortable.

I got the Clarks and wore them with RB6's this morning and really liked the look.

familyman

Reaction score
The clarks are nice looking and should last for a while anyway. Good choice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads