• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions on Finamore dress shirts

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Some decadent looking shirts from virtualclotheshorse.

I was wondering how you guys like them and how they compare in fit to say rlpl, rlbl, barba, and borrelli?

finamore.jpg

finamore1.jpg

finamore2.jpg

finamore3.jpg

finamore4.jpg

finamore5.jpg

finamore6.jpg

inlove.gif

these will run you exactly $161.1 (when using sf 10% discount) shipped, retail is $585

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Good resale value after you don't wear them but get tired of them anyway.
smile.gif

Corniche

Reaction score
Why you call them decadent, means decay??

While I love them and specially that wide spread collar.

I bought that one but I got to reduce it to get it as a real european slim, minus 10 cm each side.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look good but the lack of measurements keeps me from buying from VCH.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Corniche

"marked by excessive self-indulgence and moral decay"

i use the term to describe anything luxuriously superlative. unnecessary in normal /practical usage circumstances and only for pure enjoyment of the thing, which will degrade my moral /values of other more important aspects of life. sort of like that.
laugh.gif

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Corniche

While I love them and specially that wide spread collar.

I bought that one but I got to reduce it to get it as a real european slim, minus 10 cm each side.

is it really that bad?

are they particularly blousy , or you just want them ultra slim?

how do they compare to rlbl or barba?
would i be able to wear these finamores match fine with slim tapered dress pants or better outfitted for pleated pants?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fit varies depending upon the source. The ones you show have a way too large of collar for my tastes.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a Finamore from Lance and like it a lot. I may have it tapered. It is fuller than Borelli and Barba. Why don't you drop Lance a note? He will give you the exact measurements.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by philosophe
I bought a Finamore from Lance and like it a lot. I may have it tapered. It is fuller than Borelli and Barba. Why don't you drop Lance a note? He will give you the exact measurements.

yeah talk to him all the time. he is on his iphone alot and out and about so i dont really get the measurements.
s o you like them in terms of fabrics i suppose. but even if you dont taper it, would the fit still be in the realm of a good silhouette or just a boxy older man's silhouette?
thanks

harburn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
Some decadent looking shirts from virtualclotheshorse.

I was wondering how you guys like them and how they compare in fit to say rlpl, rlbl, barba, and borrelli?

these will run you exactly $161.1 (when using sf 10% discount) shipped, retail is $585

ShoptheFinest has a large stock of Finamore shirts. Priced at $129. Have purchased many in the past. Quality similar to Borrelli. Higher than Barba. Feel and style close to Borrelli. Perhaps slightly slimmer. Have been pleased with the shirts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads