Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Opinions on Dior

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Gekko, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Gekko

Gekko New Member

Wanted to know everyones opinion on the quality of Dior Homme clothing, especially their suits.  I really like the cut of the clothing but I am concerned that it is rampantly overpriced.

2. TomW

TomW Senior member

interesting cuts and fabrics, mediocre quality, exhorbitant pricing at retail.

My $0.02

3. aybojs

aybojs Senior member

The Dior Homme suits I saw were canvas front, and I recall seeing someone here or on AskAndy mention that they had a rather high quality maker (not Isaia or Kiton level, but say, a little above mainline Zegna level).

Of course you're paying a substantial premium for the label, but I think if by some small chance you find something you like in your size on deep discount it wouldn't be a bad deal.

4. ernest

ernest Senior member

These I saw were not fused

5. EastDevil

EastDevil Member

I'm not convinced that Dior is better than the Zegna main lines... I find people tend to develop the wrong idea about Zegna's stuff based on hearsay and prejudice.

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Dior - interesting styles, great cuts, will fit only a minority of men, European, Asian, or American. It used to be priced quite moderately (suits at $1200 - I had the opportunity to pick up a tux at half that at a Barney's sale a couple of years ago), but prices have been jacked up recently due to popularity. Not really worth my money - I prefer Costume, which fits me and suits my style more - but that is just personal preference.

7. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

I have a Dior Homme blazer, and it's fused. I agree with basically everything being said above.