Opinions on Chicerman suits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by joedokes, Aug 26, 2016.

1. joedokes

joedokes Member

Hello all, I recently stumbled upon Chicerman suits and apparently the interwebs has not yet heard of them. I punched in a search here at SF and came up empty. I was curious if anyone has experience with this relatively new (2009) MTM startup. They have a sale going on right now for 100% wool MTM suits. They have a good selection of OTR suits but you can fully customize a suit for the same price

4 lapels
    1,2,3 button or double breasted
    none, center or double vented
    6 pocket designs
    10 lining colors
    monogramming
    flat or pleated pants
    pick stitching addon
    functional cuff buttons addon
    functional boutonniere addon

I sent a contact request email asking to compare their product with SuitSupply, BB 1818 and Canali/Corneliani quality. I have yet to hear back so wanted to get some input from the experts. I am in the market for 3 suits, gray and brown for work, and light blue for my wedding next year. Unfortunately I can't afford 3 fully canvassed higher end suits, although BB is currently have a $499 suit sale.

Thanks for any help or opinions.

https://chicerman.com/

forgot to mention, claim is all suits are always hand-made with the thought of you in mind

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  2. starro

starro Senior member

That claim means bupkus.

And for a guy who just "happened upon" a brand, you sure do a hell of PR.

3. joedokes

joedokes Member

Saves people the trouble of going there. I googled the brand and got nothing back. Sitting at SuitSupply now, and they have such nice fabrics. They also clearly call out what the wool is, who cut it and where it comes from. Chicerman just says 100% wool. So are my surplus Swiss army pants.

And yeah, I "happened upon" the brand on pinterest. and listing the ways in which you can customize a suit isn't exactly what I would call PR.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016