• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions on buying different brands from your usual style...

os22

Reaction score
So I'm starting a new wardrobe and feel as if I want to stick to brands like Matix, Vans, LRG, and Neff... I also like Ralph Lauren polos, and button ups but am not sure about the impression this would give off to others and I myself am kind of undecided on how I'd feel about owning varying styles of clothes. Not sure if this is the right place to post this question but would just like some opinions on this. Greatly appreciated. -John

Tsujigiri

Reaction score
On the SW&D side, it's less about the impression you give off to others and more about how comfortable you feel in your clothes. It's good to experiment a little beyond what you usually wear, though. Take a look at the WAYWT thread and see if anything jumps out at you.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can either dive straight in and try something completely different, or do it gradually introducing pieces that are just a bit different than you normally wear. Experimentation is fun! Dress for yourself rather than others though - you're not dressing for business meetings so it doesn't really matter what other people think.

Tabooku

Reaction score
I don't post here a lot but I'm also making changes to my wardrobe along with other aspects of my life. I am doing it because I want to dress in a particular way that I haven't up to this point, mainly for the reason of trying to fit in to my social circles. I think the key is to just give it a go in a way you won't regret, such as picking up the items on sale and wearing them on an occasion that you won't stick out like a sore thumb. Lastly, I think confidence is key, if you keep the same attitudes to your new clothes as you did you old, and by this I mean try and wear them like it is just another day, you will be able to carry everything off much more easily.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads